This feels so much better!!!!!!

Options
Morning everyone,
This is my day 5 back on MFP, tracking calories and staying within my 1200 target. And let me tell you all, this feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the careless eating, guilt, bloated cycle that I often find myself within. After just 3 days of eating 3 balanced meals a day and one snack, I wake up feeling energized, I feel good, the bloating is gone and I really looking forward to eating food (when I'm hungry!!!). I am more creative with meals since I am working on cutting down my bread intake quite significantly. Also, no more diet coke - big change. And I really really feel great. Also, without even expecting it, I have already lost 2 pounds!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am sharing this with you this morning because THIS is the reason we are doing this. To feel better, to own our diet experience and not let the sugars own us and get us into these vicious cycles where we feel bad about ourselves. It's about being healthy and making choices... and I wish you all the best of luck and that you wake up every morning feeling proud of yourselves for taking care of you. :)

Have a lovely Sunday to all!
BreadAddict in Recovery!

Replies

• breadaddict
    breadaddict Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    This is my day 5 back on MFP, tracking calories and staying within my 1200 target. And let me tell you all, this feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the careless eating, guilt, bloated cycle that I often find myself within. After just 3 days of eating 3 balanced meals a day and one snack, I wake up feeling energized, I feel good, the bloating is gone and I really looking forward to eating food (when I'm hungry!!!). I am more creative with meals since I am working on cutting down my bread intake quite significantly. Also, no more diet coke - big change. And I really really feel great. Also, without even expecting it, I have already lost 2 pounds!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am sharing this with you this morning because THIS is the reason we are doing this. To feel better, to own our diet experience and not let the sugars own us and get us into these vicious cycles where we feel bad about ourselves. It's about being healthy and making choices... and I wish you all the best of luck and that you wake up every morning feeling proud of yourselves for taking care of you. :)

Have a lovely Sunday to all!
    BreadAddict in Recovery!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Nice, uplifting thread! :smile:

Be proud of the positive changes you are making! :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!! Congratulations on your success!! :drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Yup, I feel the same way! I wake up feeling soooo much happier these days! (I used to wake up feeling so depressed about my weight.)
    I know that I'm much more healthy now, thanks to MFP and all it's wonderfully supportive members and the "eye opening" food log.
    Plus, I absolutely LOVE getting dressed in the MUCH smaller clothes that I can wear these days! :laugh:
    Congratulations on losing 2 pounds already. Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouraging words this morning. I'd say keep this post where you know where it is and check it when you're not feeling so motivated...it will happen. But it's great to look back at how you feel when things are going good as far as eating and exercise. So often we let life get in the way and we forget the benefits of staying on track. It's like me and my multivitamin. I know I'll start feeling crappy when I forget to take it a couple days, so why don't I stick with it? This is just on a bigger scale and we need the reminders (sometimes from ourselves). Keep up the good work and positive attitude!
  • twoody
    twoody Posts: 42
    Options
    Yay! I agree with you! It feels great to feel...great!! Keep up the good work :)
  • abillings9
    Options
    Here here! :drinker:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    That's wonderful, and your right that feeling better is the most important part of what we are doing :smile: Thanks for posting this, and good luck ! :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    YUP!:bigsmile: Sugar with refined carbs are evil!:devil: They make you feel like crap if eaten too much. I also have so much more energy! Good luck to you from one addict to another!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Dear Bread! What a nice post!:flowerforyou: You keep coming back girl! On the good days, and the not so good ones! You go!!! :glasses:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! I'm almost at my Second Week Weigh In and I feel so much better.

Yesterday I had to chaperone a bunch of 9th graders on a field trip and I did try to make the healthiest choices at the places we ate. Well, I was dreading putting my calories in because I hadn't planned ahead. And I even debated on not even putting them in.

I did.

And I'm so glad! I held myself accountable and it turns out I wasn't even over my calories for the day! Just more proof that once you really start making that lifestyle change you CAN be trained to make good eating decisions in the real world...instead of just "dieting world".
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am a member of BAA. The bread is the hardest thing to avoid for me.

Took about a month before I realized I didnt crave it everday.

Good luck and thanks for the positive thread!

:flowerforyou: