Pull-Ups While Bulking

Options
Hello Guys, curently I just started a lean bulk, I am curently 63kg/135lbs and decided for a lean bulk (0.5lbs/week). Is it normal that my Pull-Up number has decreased? I mean yes its kind of logic since I have more food in my stomach and Im a bit heavier than I was. Will this pass after I stop bulking? Please help me to chill and not panic.

Replies

• codybluee
    codybluee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're good man! You're putting on weight so obviously your body has to lift more every week. Want to do more pull ups? Do pull ups more often! Form follows function.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    yeah, if you gain weight now your doing pull ups with a built in weight vest. This will only pass if you continue building strength as you bulk. Your bodyweight for pullups is just like weight on the bar for squats or bench. Calculate it all out and bulk up and get strong.
  • iKustrle90
    iKustrle90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for fast responds! :):)
  • iKustrle90
    iKustrle90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 61 kg to 63 kg curently, but it is not fix, I mean i still got alot of food in my stomach than I had before so I can't tell. Im bulking for like 4 days now so the real weight didn't really came up already, everything is just food in stomach and water for now I think. I did 12/6/3/2/1 Pull ups before, now I'm struggling with last 2 ones in first set, so it's more like 10-11/6/3/2/1.