10lb Gain or Stupid Scales

Options
Ive got Some Weight Watchers Scales and this morning i thought id have a peek on the scales and its saying im 207lbs when on monday i was 198lb WTF i couldnt of put that much weight on in a few days.
Also My Husbands Been rubbing it in saying hes lost 10lbs in over a week???

So surly its these scales right and hes not lost alot of weight and ive gained so much in such a short space.

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Always weigh yourself at the same time each day and not every day.

I usually weigh myself every other morning before doing anything else just out of bed. This gives me a pretty accurate measure.
    If you changed scales its natural that you'll have different values, the important thing is that you stay with one scale only from now on and base your weight loss on the readings from the same scale.

Hope it helps.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Have a set of dumbbells? Put them on the scale and see if it reads accurate. If it does then... well, it isn't the scale. And punch your husband for me.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    your weight will change during the day so dont worry to much about it
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump :laugh:
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Have a set of dumbbells? Put them on the scale and see if it reads accurate. If it does then... well, it isn't the scale. And punch your husband for me.

Punch him for me to!
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You may be retaining water. Some days my weight is up by almost 10 lbs, then I drink a ton of water (64oz at the very least). And just like magic, I pee out 10 lbs lol. Sounds crazy but true! I'm generally very hydrated but sometimes I just don't get enough water as I'd like. Give that a shot. And I agree with above posters saying to only use one scale, and to test it with dumbbells!