Has anyone completed 30 days of shred?

Options
Have you gotten positive results? I want to add it to my workout schedule. I done the first 10 days a few times usually I gain a pound or two but I think adding it with my walking/jogging may help with that issue.

Replies

• BamaRunningGirl
    BamaRunningGirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have tried several times, but never finish.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Have you gotten positive results? I want to add it to my workout schedule. I done the first 10 days a few times usually I gain a pound or two but I think adding it with my walking/jogging may help with that issue.
    Jillian Michaels? Yes, I have. Many, many times.

And weight gain would be muscles holding on to fluid for repair. Don't give up because your body is doing what it is supposed to. Walking or jogging usually won't help with that issue, rest does. Oh, just because it is 30 day shred, doesn't mean you're going to go from flab to fabulous and toned ... it in 30 days time. Many do the shred several times or move on to other programs.

A calorie deficit (and weighing all the food that you eat) is for weight loss. Exercise is for aesthetics and cardiovascular health.

• casieblizzardsjb
    casieblizzardsjb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I haven't completed it but that is what I am doing now. I love it but it's hard. I keep stopping and doing the first level over.
  • JD0710
    JD0710 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's not overly hard but after seven days it gets incredibly boring. For me anyway.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels? Nope.

Granted I did make it to level 3 last year, but by level 3 my body basically started telling me I was doing too much (granted I through it into my normal routine which already had Stronglifts 5x5 and running...I think I ended up have 2 or 3 actual rest days by the time I was starting level 3 :oops: ). I didn't lose much weight wise, but I definitely lost inches while I was doing it. Though with all that I was doing it's hard to say what was having the most impact.
  • shaniabunbury
    shaniabunbury Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today was day 9 of 30ds for me, So I'll be starting level 2 on Sunday! Great results so far. I'be lost weight, inches, and overall performance and stamina is up too.
  • swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 here, still so difficult but I keep pushing because I want those results!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting from June 1st to go along with my walking program.

I find that it works the belly overhang and increases my stamina.
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    JD0710 wrote: »
    It's not overly hard but after seven days it gets incredibly boring. For me anyway.
    Agreed. I started with the most advanced level in her DVD and said, "That's it?" Never went back.

It wasn't very demanding and not very interesting, at least IMO. I'm not saying that it can't be a good workout, as that depends on someone's background. But yeah, it's not meant to be boot camp-style difficult.

• shaniabunbury
    Options
    Just finished Day 10, starting level two tomorrow! So far I've lost about 12 inches overall (arms, waist, hips, chest, best, thighs, etc). Lost 9lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of muscle. Body fat% has gone down be 2% and my BMI had gone down as well. I should also say that I did this in combination of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism everyday, with a huge calorie deficit.
  • milmil89
    milmil89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing the shred again. I did it a few years ago but didn't complete it. Would I still get results if I did the plan every couple of days instead of every day?
  • shaniabunbury
    Options
    The shred is intended to be done everyday.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I tried in the past but I get bored easily. I maybe have made it a couple weeks max.

Fitness blender is another option if you want some variety that can be similar to 30ds. Free on YouTube, tons of options.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Not really. Jillian recommends 1-2 rest days per week.
  • JNLStable
    JNLStable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 day shred again. I have done it numerous times. I am trying to re strengthen after an injury and long lay off for recovery. I lost 6" and 15 pounds. Granted that is also eating a strict diet & being extremely active 8-12 hours a day. I work outdoors not at a desk.
    This week I started her BodyShred program and I must say I'm sore.
  • Marshachia
    Marshachia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is very good for beginner. Her 30 days slim down programme is even better and effective.
  • shaniabunbury
    Options
    Not really. Jillian recommends 1-2 rest days per week.

Do as you wish. People who take days add tend to get less than great results.