Just went Vegan-Not Raw

Options
Hello! I've been on fitness pal for a while now but i just recently decided to go Vegan. I've been eating Vegan for about 2 weeks (had about 2 slices of cheese in that time) but other than that no meat, dairy, or eggs. My energy level is up, my skin is fantastic, but i gained about 5 pounds?! I did the Lindora program last summer which is an all protein diet (not practical) and gained the 25 I lost back. I was wondering if anyone has had an Vegan weight loss experience, and had any keys to speeding up the metablism? I'm not just eating PB&J's everyday I'm really trying to incorporate veggies and whole grain, but I'm wondering if I should maybe cut back on all breads for a few weeks and stick to only beans/brown rice/lentils?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I would suggest eating more lentils, brown rice, and spinach to get higher protein intake. Don't forget to add fruits and veggies to keep it balanced. I used to worry about my protein because of the whole protein hype but after getting a blood test I fond out that I am actually getting too much.

Try cooking ethnic cuisines or vegan chili. You can make homemade teriyaki bowls with grilled tofu and broccoli for a low calorie protein punch.

You might be gaining weight from too much sodium? I went from being a meat eater to vegan and lost a ton of weight (which I promptly gained back in culinary school). You could also be on the other end of the spectrum and not eating enough food so your body is hanging onto whatever it can.

Good luck!