Snacking ideas

Options
Hello everyone,

I am awful for snacking and I'm looking for some realistic resolutions or snack ideas?

Help I'm a snacking pro!

Lydia

Replies

• marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I understand where your coming from. I just graze.

Current snacks I keep lying around are hard boiled eggs, cheese, nuts, fruit(I keep a big bowl on my desk)

I try and have snacks at specific times, si I'm not grazing all day.
  • rosieandroo
    rosieandroo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I find largely I snack out of habit rather than real hunger. I like to mix up seeds, nits and fruits in little portions, with chopped up dark chocolate mixed in (I like sugar a lot), and chopped up vegetables. I find that trying to cut out snacking just makes me go overboard when I finally do let myself snack, so having more sensible options seems like a better alternative.
  • wbrown6473
    wbrown6473 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars are great
  • Gozira99
    Gozira99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, hummus, beef jerky, rice cakes. I like cutting up carrots , celery, peppers, and cucumbers and dipping it in the hummus. Most rice cakes are not very good but try a few and find ones you like. I usually snack on jerky if I am weight training. Hard boiled eggs are good too.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites that I have almost daily are:

veggies with hummus (sometimes with a packet of tuna also), yogurt, apple or banana with peanut butter, cheese and grapes, orange with almonds or cashews, hard boiled eggs, 30g of oatmeal mixed with 16g peanut butter and 20g chocolate protein powder (I mix the oatmeal with double the water and make like a warm pb and chocolate shake), beef jerky/summer sausage/etc, ham and cheese rollups, pepperoni "chips" made in the microwave or the oven, low cal protein bars or sometimes I just eat half of the large ones.....

That is all I can think of right now. But I do love snacks, and it is possible to snack pretty much all day long (on days I work, I eat every 2 hrs during my 12 hr shift) and still lose.

Occasionally breakfast is big, but normally the only real "Meal" I eat is dinner.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I have snacks everywhere - desk drawer, car, my purse etc. If I get overly hungry I have difficulty sticking to my calories so snacking works for me. My favourites - hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, fruit (bananas, apples, berries), home made protein balls, jerky, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, small portions of poached chicken breast, air popped popcorn, dark chocolate.
  • llello75
    llello75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My thing is, if i dont buy it i dont have to eat it and if i dont eat it i dont have to burn it.
    Fruit, cant go wrong with fruit.
    Also, a protein bar with no more than about 7ish grams of sugar to about 18 or more grams of protein (no more tham 40)
    Last but not least, keep protein powder for shakes stocked. Cut some fruit up to blend and your good! :)
  • Sohsen
    Sohsen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your macros. If your fat allowance is around 40% then raw unsalted nuts are always a good choice. Natural peanut butter as well. Then you've got apples, pears, melons and watermelon. Low in carb content. Then you've got your protein shakes, and natural protein bars.

You've gotta manage a combination of those to reach your macro goals.

I stay away from high carb snacks...in case I over indulge :wink:
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Nuts, by far the best choice for me
  • lydiahallbrook
    lydiahallbrook Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Going to try lots of these out! Thanks everyone
  • leeburton2016
    leeburton2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options