After two kids, a flat tummy emerges!

Options
SlimMommy19
SlimMommy19 Posts: 18 Member
edited May 2016 in Success Stories
Two hard core weeks of tracking calories and working out five days a week... I could cry!!! Haven't felt this good in ages. :) Main enemy is sugar cravings at night. GRRRR.

For me, I stayed true by making soups. I'd take ground lean turkey and add spices, then tons of water with every vegetable I could find in my fridge. Very filling and not very many calories!

I also used oatmeal bran instead of rice to go with my veggies and protein. I used to eat so much white rice.

Cut out all processed sugar. I can't eat just one cookie. It has to be all or nothing.

Working out hard core works. It shapes your body in an encouraging way. You definitely see results faster.

Energy level is up so I end up being even more active!!!!

Cutting down on sodium lessened my sugar cravings, but that's my main weakness these days.

Mommies, stay strong! Took me until my youngest turned 3 to get into shape. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Now, I just have to maintain it. 1200 calories feels like starvation sometimes...I used to eat around 2500-3000 daily. Sacrifices, sacrifices.

Replies

• Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! If you just need to maintain and you exercise you should be able to eat more than 1200 calories.
  • SlimMommy19
    Options
    Tanukiko wrote: »
    You look fantastic! If you just need to maintain and you exercise you should be able to eat more than 1200 calories.

Thanks, Beautiful! I want to lose the last 3-5lbs of baby weight. It's been so hard to lose. I'm short so 3-5lbs is a dress size for me. MFP says I'll be there in 5 weeks so here's to hoping...

It was a lot easier to shed the 30lbs I gained while pregnant both times but the last 3-5lbs are the hardest... Want to be at goal when I hit the 4-0!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Fantastic work! Thanks for posting! Best wishes to you and your family!!!!
  • SlimMommy19
    Options
    You are amazing! Fantastic work! Thanks for posting! Best wishes to you and your family!!!!

You're amazing. Thanks so much!!! I'm so scared because I always start strong but keeping it up is so hard.. I've been reading all of your stories and it's keeping me honest. 21 days to make a habit!!!

Let's do this!!!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Looks too thin?
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Looks too thin?

I guess that's a matter of opinion. But I don't share yours.
  • ABHY7
    ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look healthy!!! I'm trying to lose 10lbs after my two babies, youngest is 2yrs and its very hard! Good for you - enjoy your success:)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    You look great-good job!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to have a flat stomach, so I definitely know that anticipation. It's got to be a good feeling to know you achieved that goal!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Way to go :drinker:
  • SlimMommy19
    Options
    Looks too thin?

I think it's the angle. I'm not underweight according to my BMI. :-) My frame is very small. My dad died at an early age due to heart disease and I've been chubby since having two kids. Now that I'm done having kids, I did a shred. That pic was before eating anything so my tummy is very flat there!

I appreciate your concern because I feel people who are brave enough to care and say something are the people in the world who watch out for others. :-) I just want to lose about 3-5lbs to get back to my pre-baby weight. I'm 40 so it's harder now...
  • SlimMommy19
    Options
    Way to go :drinker:

Thanks, you are awesome!
  • SlimMommy19
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I can't wait to have a flat stomach, so I definitely know that anticipation. It's got to be a good feeling to know you achieved that goal!

You look amazing!!!!! It feels good to be on the right path. Thanks so much. I only wish it would stay flat after eating ha ha.
  • SlimMommy19
    Options
    Looks too thin?

I guess that's a matter of opinion. But I don't share yours.

XOXO I do look thin there only because I hadn't eaten breakfast yet! You are awesome thanks!
  • SlimMommy19
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    You look great-good job!

Thanks!! You look great!!!
  • SlimMommy19
    Options
    purelush wrote: »
    You look healthy!!! I'm trying to lose 10lbs after my two babies, youngest is 2yrs and its very hard! Good for you - enjoy your success:)

Oh I feel you!!!!!! It was so hard after the second baby. I was also nursing for a long time so I feel like my body got used to being a cow. Also, we are exhausted all the time. It is definitely hard... But as you know... Soon when our youngest children are 3ish, life will be soooo sweet!!!!!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Well done, good to hear. My baby is eight months now. Hope to be healthy Bmi for his first birthday
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and extremely healthy. Congratulations.
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!