Bra Size

Options
For the women who've lost 50+ lbs how much did your bra size change?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    This is extremely individual. I've lost 38 pounds and can still wear the same bra. I'm using the inner hooks instead of the outer and the cup is a little loose.
  • LotusFlwr2013
    LotusFlwr2013 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just dropped one cup size with my first 50lbs but lost 3 inches off the rib measurement ... here is hoping to lose two more cups and another 3 inches with the next!!! But why do you ask luv?
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost quite that much, 44 lbs, but I've gone from a 40c or d depending on brand and style, to a 36c... Quite a difference. Another 15 lbs and I'll probably be in a 34c, my newer ones are getting looser already.
  • seekingdaintiness
    seekingdaintiness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    118 pounds lost, have gone from... something like 50+ J cup (hard to have an accurate measurement at that size) to 40DDD.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Lost 60 and :( hasn't changed much. Granted my cups no longer runneth over and I have gone down to the tightest hooks, but still waiting for that day when I get a new bra fitting!
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked cup sizes yet but I measure around the bust and after losing 82 lbs I've lost 6 inches in the boob area. My bras all went from being super tight on the outer hooks to being somewhat loose on the inner hooks and in the regular (as opposed to athletic) bra I can tell the cup is a smidge too big but thats all.
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I lost a cup size with the first 6 lbs. not sure what's going to happen with the last 20.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've lost about 100lbs. Went from a 38C/D(ish) to a 28A/B (pretty much I have nothing now. I often wear kids training bras and XS bralettes because those are the only things that fit me).
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Lost 25lbs went from D to C with extra room for more tit but I refuse to buy a B cup. It will probably vary I'm pear shaped at the top I feel like a skinny women and at the bottom I still feel fat.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    40B-->34C

Though now I'm in recomp mode and in the past few weeks it seems like I am losing fat in that area, which makes me think my cup size may end up decreasing. Because of course the fat has to continue coming off of every single area except my stomach.
  • surprisethekids
    surprisethekids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have lost 48 lbs. and have been wearing my old bras, just putting it on the first set of hooks and hiking up the straps. The tops of the cups are starting to bag, and I will have to find some new bras soon. I was wearing a 46D, and estimate that I should wear about a 42C now, but I will get a professional fitting.
  • philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've lost 61lb (14lb to go) and have gone down a few back sizes from 40 to 32, but still a G cup. Really hoping the girls shrink a little, at 5'1" I don't want to end up looking like a cartoon!!
  • LotusFlwr2013
    LotusFlwr2013 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I've lost about 100lbs. Went from a 38C/D(ish) to a 28A/B (pretty much I have nothing now. I often wear kids training bras and XS bralettes because those are the only things that fit me).

100 lbs wow Congrads @Abatonfan that is no small feat ... ;)
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have lost 47. I began as a 42DDD and currently am sitting at a 38DDD but I am about ready for a bra fitting. Just trying to get to 50 to do it. I don't think I've lost inches in the ribs, but maybe a cup. I hope so. It's a pain in the *tweet tweet* to find pretty triple-anything bras.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight after having my son I dropped 80lb and went from a 36C to a 34B. I gained 30lb back that im here trying to lose but my bust hasnt changed again
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Haven't lost any in the cup and 2 band sizes down so far. I struggled to find a bra that didn't ride up my back. Finally found Bali Comfort Flex...awesome bra! No more riding up :)
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    In my first 25 lbs I went from a 36D to a 32F--so just the band size changed, but the cup size didn't change relative to that. In the second 25 lbs I went from the 32F to a 32C/D--so now I'm losing cup size.

Words of wisdom: find a reputable bra fitter. It will change your life.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I lost around 70 pounds. From a 38B to a 32C. I thought I would have needed an A but the bra fitter said as your band size decreases, your cup size increases (confusing lol).
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    75lbs down...same band size and half a cup size. I was small chested to begin with and carry most of my weight in the belly/hips
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    FeedMeFish wrote: »
    I lost around 70 pounds. From a 38B to a 32C. I thought I would have needed an A but the bra fitter said as your band size decreases, your cup size increases (confusing lol).

Yes! Your cup size is based on the difference between the circumference around your breasts and the circumference around where your band lies. If your band measurement shrinks more than your breast measurement, that difference increases and your cup size goes up.