Im not new to it

Options
jamesrandel81
jamesrandel81 Posts: 38 Member
I've been in and out with this whole diet and now I'm really trying to push myself threw and looking for all the help and motivation I can get

Replies

• Kimbly69
    Kimbly69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere and I find determination helps
  • jamesrandel81
    jamesrandel81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is true
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you're not new, you'd know that "diet(ing)", "pushing through", "trying" and "motivation" isn't particularly useful to lose weight :o You need to have a large enough, but not too large, sustained, calorie deficit, which can be achieved by plotting in your stats in the setup, aiming to hit your calorie goal every day, logging accurately, honestly and consistently. That's all.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    As usual, the crabby people are out, spreading all their negativity and rudeness. Just ignore them. It is about pushing through....it's a battle...sometimes every day. You're on the right track and I hear ya on not being new to this. I've gained and lost the same 50 pounds many times in my life. One thing that really helped me was to think of it as living my life, not going on a diet. If you think of how you are on this path for the long-term, it doesn't seem as hard because you have your whole life to develop good habits. Now, understandably, you don't want to lose a pound a year for the next 25 years. However, it gives you hope on those days when things don't go so well. Just always get back on it. Get your boost where you need it to keep going, whether it's from the scale, the weight room, your family, here on MFP, or friends. And always be thinking of new goals for yourself. It will help you to stay with it. Good luck!!
  • DylsGrandma
    DylsGrandma Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a week in and lost 4.5 this week. You may add me if you wish. We are here to support one another. You can do this...this is your time!