Greetings from Richmond, Virginia

VellWife
VellWife Posts: 4 Member
Hello Everyone!

I am looking for some awesome friends to connect with and help make this weight loss journey a little more bearable (ha). I'm 27 years old from Richmond, VA. I am engaged to a great guy, and he's trying to lose weight as well (although he said he HATES tracking anything, so he won't be using MFP). My main motivation for losing weight is to reverse my infertility and to eventually have a healthy pregnancy and baby. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 16 years old and have been battling the weight gain ever since. The doctor is saying that PCOS (metabolic syndrome) caused my body to stop processing sugars correctly, stalling my metabolism and causing my hormones to go haywire. She has suggested that bringing down my weight will naturally restore my fertility, so why not give it a go? :) I promise to be as open and honest as possible, and share my diary and diet success and failures with my friends. We are in this together!

If anyone is in Richmond or thereabouts, I would totally be down with exercise sessions.

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• teepotpie
    teepotpie Posts: 5 Member
    Greetings from Richmond, North Yorkshire (UK)! Feel free to add me although I'm not very interesting lol!
  • higheelz45
    higheelz45 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello & welcome from Kansas City, MO! I'm just returning to MFP after being gone for about a year. Looking for friends as well for support & motivation to get this thing going again. Feel free to add me! Good luck on your fitness journey :)
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Welcome...I'm about an hour north of you in Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg. You can do this!