Jersey Girl Here!

Options
:drinker: Hello all! I'm Anna and I believe I can bring skinny back! This is no joke, but on CNN morning news a couple weeks ago, I watched Richard Simmons speaking about the obesity epidemic in this country, and it truly motivated me to get going. I've been overweight my whole life, and I'm done with it. I can't do this anymore, I can't keep getting bigger and bigger clothes, I can't turn down a night out with friends because I have nothing to wear, I can't turn down a trip to the beach because I don't want people to see me half naked. I just can't do it anymore. I hope some of you will be kind enough to befriend me so we can make this journey together, because as I say in my profile-the support of friends and family is great, but the support of people who are going through the same thing as you can't be beat! Thanks all.
Anna-Fired up, ready to go!

Replies

• anvadams
    Options
    :drinker: Hello all! I'm Anna and I believe I can bring skinny back! This is no joke, but on CNN morning news a couple weeks ago, I watched Richard Simmons speaking about the obesity epidemic in this country, and it truly motivated me to get going. I've been overweight my whole life, and I'm done with it. I can't do this anymore, I can't keep getting bigger and bigger clothes, I can't turn down a night out with friends because I have nothing to wear, I can't turn down a trip to the beach because I don't want people to see me half naked. I just can't do it anymore. I hope some of you will be kind enough to befriend me so we can make this journey together, because as I say in my profile-the support of friends and family is great, but the support of people who are going through the same thing as you can't be beat! Thanks all.
    Anna-Fired up, ready to go!
  • labamba
    labamba Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi

Once you get the willpower which you have you WILL lose the weight. I'm sure you will do great and just keep motivated. Go out for walks etc too as every little bit of exercise counts. I joined the other day and think its a great site.

Wishing you every success on your weight loss.

:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jersey Girl:drinker: :laugh:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I used to live in Jersey Welcome to the site
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck Anna!!!!:flowerforyou: We can do this together. I have been obese pretty much since I was 2 so I know what you are going through. :frown: Just remember to love yourself through all of this! :heart:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • serendipity729
    serendipity729 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome from one Jersey Girl to another.
  • bonski
    bonski Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    I know what you mean: I started at 203 lbs and I just had it with being overweight. My ankles hurt all the time, tired of buying big clothes. It takes hard work but it can totally happen for you.
    Motivation is key.
    I got to 150 lbs a few years ago, over time gained back 20 lbs (170 lbs). Because I got careless with my eating/exercise). Now am back on track again and weighed in at 165.8 lbs yesterday morning.

It is "easier" to eat junk and not exercise, bu I am really amazed with the amount of personal satisfaction I get when I eat and exercise

Good luck and welcome to you!

Bonnie

BTW: I am from the suburbs of Phila.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You certainly have the right attitude for becoming fit! :bigsmile: Congratulations on your determination - I see great successes in your future!!:heart:
  • anvadams
    Options
    :smokin: Loooooooooooooooove Philly, that's my city. It's my second home! Thanks for the well wishes!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is great and will definately keep you motivated. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!!:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Anna!!

You can.....and will......do this.:flowerforyou: