Turbo Fire Questions

Options
I am looking for another program to start after Insanity and have read a lot about Turbo Fire on here.

Is there anyone that doesn't follow the schedule to a T? I have been trying to follow Insanity as it's laid out and exercise 6 days a week etc but I am not sure if I could keep that up for 20 weeks with Turbo Fire.

Do you do other workouts besides Turbo Fire? Do you find the program to be challenging or are you comfortable with it?

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well...
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I try to follow it as it's laid out on the calendar, but it's YOUR workouts and you can do as you wish. I sometimes add the 30 day shred, jogging, or my own weight training in with it or instead of the scheduled workouts. With that said, I absolutely am in love with it and I think you will be too. It's definitely challenging, but it's something that you will want to do every day because you have so much fun and you like it so much.
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    LOVE turbo fire! I do follow the schedule but the workouts are excellent on their own to do at random or hybrid with another program.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Turbo Fire! I just started Week 13, and I haven't missed a day yet. I actually look forward to it every morning. If you don't think you could stick with the full 20 weeks, you can do just the first 12. The 20 weeks is actually the Advanced Turbo Fire.
    I occasionally throw in some weight lifting or walking on off days, or days that I just feel bloaty!
    I find the program to be challenging, but a crap ton of fun!
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TURBO FIRE!!! I have dont the program twice now. I did not follow it exactly, but tried to follow as close as possible. I changed my days off to the days that were better for me and just adjusted the other days....It is very challenging and i love that about it!!! I lost alot of weight doing this program, well worth it!!!:)
  • bakersduzin
    bakersduzin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I also try to follow as it is on the calendar - I might switch days with each other, but as long as I do the specified workouts for that particular week...but that's just me. It's definitely a challenge, but a ton of fun! I personally don't do any other workouts with TurboFire, but I do make sure I stick within my calorie range for the day. I'm on month 3 of the program, and after this I'm going to switch it up a little and do Jillian Michaels DVDs for about a month or so. I definitely plan on doing the Chalean Extreme/TurboFire hybrid program (all 5 months of it) before I get married next April. Anyway, I love love love TurboFire and you probably will too! If you get it and don't like it as much as you thought, don't forget that beachbody has a 30-day money-back return system. Good luck!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I do Turbo Fire, I walk/run, and I just got Chalene Extreme - which is supposed to be great too. I haven't started that yet. I do turbo fire a couple of times a week - the learning to run is a higher priority for me right now. I don't think you have to be so hard core about it - but the classes are fun, and once you get past the first week - it's kind of addicting!

Enjoy!
  • priepen
    priepen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 plus I did the 5 day Inferno and I really love this workout. I follow the schedule and it still challenges me because each time I do the videos I push myself harder and harder. There is a chalene extreme and turbo fire hybrid workout the schedule is in one of the turbo fire books that comes with the dvds.
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I will definitely have to look into the program some more with all of this positive feedback. I am enjoying Insanity and prefer it to the gym. I don't even know the 30-45 minutes have gone by while doing the videos! When I at the gym after 10 minutes I am bored out of my mind. I guess I will have to talk my husband into letting me buy another $150 workout!:blushing:
  • lily4u2
    lily4u2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have done the Turbo fire/CLX hybrid, (the FULL 20 weeks) then I started Insanity. I found Insanity waaaayyyy more challenging than TurboFire, less fun, less safety focused and harder to stick to. I only lasted 7 weeks on that, and I was bored, and disappointed at myself for giving it up. In saying that, I have gone back to CLX, (I love the look of muscle), and found myself not getting bored. I am throwing in extra workouts, mainly something from Turbo Fire (shes sooooo fun and encouraging), on weight days b/c after Insanity, just doing weights is not enough for me.
    So, me personally, would DEFINATELY reccommend Chalene over any other Fitness programme!! (and yes, I have looked at the Jillian Michaels one after I saw so many posts on here about it).