What do you do with ready made polenta?

Options
Angellore
Angellore Posts: 519 Member
I bought some ready made polenta and now don't really know what to do with it! I've googled around and got a couple of ideas, but I was wondering what you guys recommend.

Replies

• Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Ooo I wanna know this too as it is low in calories and cheap to buy. When I last bought a block I just fried slices in 1kcal spray and had it with salad. I did cook it with sweet chilli sauce too but I think it can be made into something sweet
  • neeks010
    neeks010 Posts: 3
    Options
    It's really good if you cook up some kind of bean chilli with chilli beans, garlic, paprika and tomato paste, then put that on top of the polenta, and top that with a low fat unsweetened greek yoghurt (as a replacement for sour cream) I use 0% but am in the UK, a sprinkle of cheese and loads of red bell peppers, capsicum, avocado and sweetcorn. Sort of like a lower calorie version of a mexican meal.

You can pretty much do anything with polenta, but have a look at some Italian food websites, being that it's an italian food, they may have some good ideas!
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I usually grill it or shallow fry with a bare minimum of oil. Spice it with paprika, black pepper and nutmeg while cooking, and serve with a tomato sauce packed with plenty of basil and oregano.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    Yummm,,,yum, yum.....you can do lots and lots my friend, I prefer to use some meat spaghetti sauce with crumbled feta on top and some fresh chopped basil....yummmm, I just might need to go buy some now.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    only ever bought polenta once. bought it for a recipie, at the time i had only ever seen the blocks, turned out i needed it to be un-prepared for the recipie. so i grated it up dried it in the oven to turn it a bit more crumb like, added some herbs and spices and coated prawns as the recipie originally suggested think i shallowed fried them after that but its been a while so they may have been baked in the oven, i then served them with a few green bits as garnish and with a nice lemony mayo, probably not very diet friendly but thats what i did with my ready made polenta before i needed to diet