Not making progress (feels like it!)

Options
After my initial 4 weeks after starting MFP I lost a whopping 6kg! .. I was so chuffed with myself that I was on the winning streak... but that has all gone now. For the last 2 weeks my weight has not changed and it bounces from 98.5 to 99.5. Nothing has changed from the first 4 weeks and I still do my exercise on a daily basis.

getting despondent on the lack of progress - it feels like I am always denying myself treats and I havent seen any rewards!

Richard

Replies

• jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you make your diary public it could help with us giving you some help...
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Keep pluggin at it........body just adjusting and rebelling......steady wins the race.... Add me if you like
  • Onthedecrease
    Options
    Hi Richard,

Sounds like you've hit a plateau! Have you tried changing up the exercises (types and order) that you do?
    I know that changing your workouts can get your metabolism ticking again.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    hello,
    What kind of calories are you eating? The minimum? below? Be sure you are getting at LEAST the minimum and if you are maybe you should up it a couple hundred calories for a week or so and see if you can break the plateau. The person telling you to change up your exercise routine is right on.. gotta keep changing things so you keep your body guessing. Dont wait so long next time.. if you havent lost any weight in 2 weeks change things up.. even a little change sometimes will change your metabolism or knock your body into gear!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools