Hello everyone!

Options
Hello,

I've been lurking on the forums for a little while so thought I should introduce myself!

My name is Andy, I'm 30 years old and live in Nuneaton, England.

I had a serious knee injury (ACL) in September 2009 and had a reconstruction operation in June 2010. It's been a year since the operation and the knee currently feels good and I'm currently building up to play in the upcoming Football (soccer) season.

This is where MFP came in for me - I have two goals really

1) Get fit enough to play Football!

2) Lose around 14 pounds which I put on during pre and post operation. - This is a secondary goal as it's all about getting match fit but if I'm going to the effort of training I may as well tweak the diet slightly too.

I've been doing runs of 2-3 miles on most days and sometimes will do it twice a day and have noticed a difference already in my overall fitness - it's easier to do the mileage than when I first started!

This week I'm changing the run slightly to a mixture of sprints/jogs/walks over the same sort of distances to try to match what I would do in a normal game situation.

In terms of diet I haven't made any drastic changes yet but I've reduced the amount of food I was eating and other than a couple of bad days I've generally been under my calorie goal.

Longer term I'll start adding more healthy foods (more veg, etc) but I'm trying not to be too drastic all at once.

I've been on MFP for a couple of weeks now and I'm surprised how easily I've been able to stick at it. Tracking things means I'm always keeping in mind what I'm eating and how much exercise I'm doing and the lurking on the forums to see how other people are doing has been great for motivation.

So that's me!

any suggestions or words of encouragement welcome ;-)

Replies

• Faerietales
    Options
    Congrats on your motivation and sorry to hear about the op.
    Yes I think a lot of people have found this application easy to use ;-)

Keep up the good work and don't let the odd bad day get you down .
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome

Its great here isn't it :smile:

Good luck with your plans, which does sound a very sensible way of doing things

and don't forget to log everything :smile:
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    good luck with it andy,

feel free to add me if your in need of motivation, im from manchester but i'm sure we'll get on ..... lol
  • chelle2u
    chelle2u Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi
    It's super that you have an ultimate goal, which gives you something to work towards!!! I bet ya can't wait to get back on the field!!! With that sort of positivity ya will manage to achieve anything!!
    This app/ website is great as it does help ya to feel inspired on the good days and the bad!!! Feel free to add me!!
    Chelle x
  • AndyParkes
    AndyParkes Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for the kinds word :-)

Very much appreciated!