when shall i track the exercise

Options
Ok i WILL be going zumba tonight so do I track it now so that it generates extra clories for the day??? just wonder cos I think i will be really hungry if I do not eat before i go and also do not think that i will be able to eat loads of calories after i have worked out as it will be too late???

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'd log it now if you have a rough idea of how much you'll burn. Or log it when you get home, because by the end of the day even if you go over in food before you log the exercise, it will all even out eventually.
  • chelle2u
    chelle2u Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would do it when it most suits you!!! If you feel you will need those extra calories through the day log it now, if not log it later!!!

I log it afterwards because after exercise your metabolic rate rises and the extra calories you eat will burn off quicker, but as I said it is your journey do what suits you!!!

xx
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my exercise calories, so I usually do it at the end of the day when I finish up my diary...

Just to clarify, I don't go out of my way to eat them back, if I'm hungry I'll eat something extra. But my food diary is planned out 2 weeks ahead based on 1200 cals a day.
  • pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i never knew that about the metabolic rate rising after exercise. is that why whenever you go swimming you always feel starving on the way out and as a kid i would stop at the vending machine for a choc bar... hmm now what to do eat the calories or save them to burn off quicker???? think if i am am hungry i will eat something???