Hi im new to this

Options
jceja494
jceja494 Posts: 1 Member
Im new to this im a single mom 25 years old trying to loose weight from work not really sure how this works

Replies

• garrettg_78
    garrettg_78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • garrettg_78
    garrettg_78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Message me
  • girlbojangle
    girlbojangle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just track and add all the food you eat. You'll learn that you don't want to see certain foods on your list and you will soon cut them out of you diet. It's awesome. And I love it. I'm sure you'll do amazing!
    Add me if you want support.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When you search the food database, you'll see some items with a green 'check' icon. Those items have been 'confirmed' by more than one user. Otherwise, the food database has a lot of inaccurate listings. mfp seems to be trying to clean it up, but there are other resources to check against. For instance, from the "National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference Release 28" and the page for "Chicken, broilers or fryers, light meat, meat only, raw", the data matches the mfp food database if you search for "Chicken, broilers or fryers, light meat, meat only, raw". You have to spell that exactly. It matters to be precise because of the thousands of listings for chicken in the database, the great majority don't list Potassium. Chicken does have potassium in it and mfp tracks your potassium intake by recording the items in your food diary. So, give it accurate items. You have the power to edit food database entries. Take that power seriously and use it very carefully. By the way, welcome to mfp! You'll enjoy learning with the power of knowledge this site offers you.
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great place to get help and learn ways to meet your goals :)