Big breasted ladies please help - what would you do?

Options
I wear a 32/34GG (UK) bra so as you would expect, my girls need a lot of support while working out. I have a Shock Absorber D+ Max impact level 4 bra in a 34GG which I had professionally fitted a couple of months ago. This bra fits like a dream when I first put it on and holds my boobs so securely to my chest I considered converting to sports bras for general day-to-day wear. However after only 15 minutes of running, the sweat combined with the bouncing force drags the straps into my shoulders and I am actually wounded! Blood everywhere! Now I have to run with sterile dressings on my shoulders and sometimes even have to hold the straps as I run (in turn giving me aching shoulders). I wrote all this in an email to Shock Absorber who told me to send it in to them (not freepost) for a QC inspection which will take a few weeks. But that means I'll have to buy another one to wear in the meantime. Another shock absorber and hope that mine was just faulty? Another make? I'm limited for choice with my size and of course I could get the same problem which will cost me £30 plus the price of sending the damn thing back :(:(:(:(:(

Replies

• gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    i would try another make. i have GGs and i have a freya active from bravissimo which so far has given me no bleeding shoulders! sounds awful. you have to buy another anyway, and at least this way you wont end up with two rubbish shock absorbers if there isnt something wrong with it.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    34G here. I haven't had the extra cash to invest in a good sports bra yet, so right now I just wear a regular underwire day bra and then layer a regular sports bra over it. I do some pretty high impact workouts and I don't have a problem with bounce (well, I DO have minimal bounce but it's gonna happen) but I do sweat really bad under my breasts and sometimes I have problems with skin chafing and rubbing itself raw, especially if I'm working out upwards of 30 minutes. Just try doubling up on bras until you either get your Shock absorber replaced or can afford to buy another one. On another note, how on earth did the straps cause your skin to bleed?? It must have been defective in some way....
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Me? I just don't run. Ever. XD
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You should really not have much movement when you run, you can do serious damage to the tendons in your chest.
    I am also a 32GG I also wear a Freya Active that I bought through Figleaves.com. I have a little bounce but not much and the wide padded straps never dig into my shoulders. The Freya active is very tight, though it won't give the "uniboob" that a lot of sports bras give you.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Imwitha - Don't know where you live, but here in Canada, Lanacane makes an Anti-Chafing Gel that works absolute wonders on long hot sweaty days in the kitchen.
  • Elisaday
    Elisaday Posts: 3
    Options
    Yeah, try Lanacane gel. Like the other lady has said maybe try a thin underwired bra underneath for a bit of extra support?
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I have a freya active underwired that I wear for work. Going to go out today and buy the soft version, I'll give that a try. I live in the UK but will definitely look into the anti-chaf gel, under my boobs is fine it's just the shoulders. They basically rub so hard when I'm running that they've rubbed the skin clean off. First time it happened I knew it was sore but I was like why my are my shoulders sweating so much? It was blood. The gash took ages to heal aswell because of course I kept working out (blood is a b*tch to wash out of white btw lol). And I do think I'm doing myself damage, I always used to think women who whinged about back ache and such from having big boobs were just being a bit pathetic but now I'm *ahem* getting older (still only 24) and I'm pushing my body, all I can say is ouch! My shoulders kill! My next mini goal treat is a neck and shoulder massage!!!!!
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh and bravissimo did the fitting so it should be right