From scotland. new to this need ideas

Options
lesawilson1
lesawilson1 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. My name's Lesa. I'm from scotland. I started fitnesspal last week and lost 8 lb.ive never been able to do that on any other (diet). Weight watchers, slimming world etc.looking for friends that will keep me motivated and have good ideas. Hopefully I'll be able to give the same back

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    MFP is an amazing place, I lost 32 pounds in a year and kept it off for 2 years. Gave up smoking in October and gained a lot back but I am now using MFP to lose it again.

My diary is open. Not the healthiest but it may give you some ideas. I spend a lot of time on the forums looking at other peoples ideas and have found some fantastic advice that helped me along the way. Also check out the success stories very inspirational.

Sounds like you are doing ok so far, just keep up the good work and remember the most important thing is if you do have a bad day just put it behind you and get back on track the next day. We all stumble along the way but if you keep going you will reach your goal weight.

Good luck you have come to the right place :)

• kazr11
    kazr11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Lesa

Well done on the 8lb loss. In a week that is quite a lot. Good luck! I found me trackng what Im actually eating is different to what I thought I was eating. It makes me think more before I eat. Don't get me wrong I still have very very bad days
  • SteveT59
    SteveT59 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's a great place to be with some great support. My advice to you is to keep at it, grind it out until you reach your target. You will have times where you will feel "is it worth it?", I can categorically state hear and now yes it is! 8lbs in the first week is great, but there will be weeks where you look at the effort you put in and not lost anything, these are the tough times. They can last for one week or many, the trick is to keep at it; MFP does work. And don't just sit there, exercise, it is key to all of this. Not only will it strengthen your heart but it will condition your muscles. I'm not suggesting you go out and start running marathons, just increase your activity level. The best part of that is you can eat more :smiley:
  • DavesGoal185
    DavesGoal185 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. MFP is the only program that has worked consistantly for me.... when I use it correctly and consistantly. Honest colorie counting and exercise are the keys. Healthy eating will make its way in over time and create good habits.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.... and that is an open invitation for anyone else too.
  • craftaholic66
    craftaholic66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hia, sent a friend request. MFP has worked for me in the past and I have come back to re-focus and lose the weight that has re-found me. I agree with DavesGoal185 that when I use this correctly and consistently it works. I have my mojo back and my focus so here goes. Anyone who wants to add me as a friend please do. MFP worked for me last time because I had the support of good friends and I will support you too
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like.

I try to support as best I can.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Clan Innes here in the states.