I walked a lonely road, until I realised I didn't have to. Neither do you!

Options
Hey there,

I'm YellGiant, 27 from Ireland! I'm here because I need to lose weight. Not just for vanity reasons (though believe me, they are there) but also for health reasons. I find that my weight and lack of fitness has been stopping me from doing things I'd like to do. (I want to be able to go on adventures!). Its become sort of a permanent excuse. Also both my parents have been diagnosed with diabetes type 2 and that isn't something I want in my life.

I used to be 16st, and this year I've lost a stone and a half to get to 14st 7pds. To be honest, I'm fairly happy with how I've done. At the time I wasn't able to change my whole lifestyle around, so I did little bits and pieces putting them into my routine and now I'm ready to push into a healthy weight zone and get some fitness into me! I think I'm finally ready with my own mental health to change my attitude/outlook on my lifestyle.

My goal in life is to say "I did my best" and be able to look back on my life and say "Yeah, that was a pretty sweet ride".

But it can be pretty lonely to do it by yourself, and we don't have to do things alone so seeing others succeed and even just knowing someone else is going through something similar can be helpful, so here I am. Anyone want to walk this road with me?

Replies

• Mattwhosfat
    Mattwhosfat Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm trying to lose 80lbs in 8 months
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I went from fat to fit back to fat and now well on my way back to fit for good. Down 20 lbs and 15 more to go. Feel free to add me!