I need help w/ Protein shakes

Options
stephiemota
stephiemota Posts: 8 Member
What is a good protein shake I can make and drink every morning? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Delta9Fit
    Delta9Fit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I assume you have a blender. A great base to start is almond milk, oatmeal and powdered peanut butter. Protein powder is an obvious choice but whole food sources are best. Powders just help with convenience. Will this be your main meal of the morning?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Obviously whole food sources are the best but sometimes we still fall short . I myself use a protein powder to supplement protein when I fall short.
    I went to gnc and the vitamin shoppe bought single serving packets of each brand and tasted them all until I found the one I liked.
    Then I played around with recipes while remembering that every ingredient that I put in added more calories. I played around with it until I found a combination that fit my calorie allotment and hit my macros.
    For me, I like this - one banana- one scoop of chocolate whey protein powder-one cup of ice- and a splash of milk.
    Play around with it. Add peanut butter one day. Add strawberries the next day. And soon enough you will find a delicious concoction that helps you hit your macros :)
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't know about protein shakes but coffee , oatmeal blends or green tea are great options!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I haven't done one in a while, but I used to like the following for breakfast: a cup of soy or almond milk, a couple of ice cubes, two scoops of protein powder, a frozen banana or about 3/4 cups frozen berries, a quarter cup of ricotta cheese, stevia to sweeten as desired. Do it up in a blender. Only reason I stopped is I like to save some of the calories for snacks later in the day.
  • dappledog89
    dappledog89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For my breakfasts, I've been drinking something that tastes just like strawberry milk! If you're interested, I use the strawberry flavored protein powder and just add it to a decent amount of milk (if I really feel like measuring, I use about 10oz of milk bc the extra milk helps break up the chunks better, imho).

I found a list of yummy looking protein shakes that might interest you. Stay positive, my friend! :)