Is it okay if your muscles are sore from exercise to go again?

Options
So I did two sessions of kickboxing yesterday and the squats I did are making my legs sore this morning...I want to go again this morning as the centre will be closed until Tuesday. Is it okay to exercise if your muscles are sore?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Do you feel incredibly sore ?are you in pain?
    Or are you just feeling a tad bit sore but okay ?
    If your just feeling average soreness then you could probably go work out today since your gym will be closed until Tuesday.
    If your more sore then average then I would take it easy .
    You could just go and see how you feel once you begin. You don't want to risk injury by pushing yourself too hard so I would use your best judgement .
  • highwood1968
    highwood1968 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think I will go but not do any squats just get them to vary it for me..
  • highwood1968
    Options
    I also just took an ibuprofen as well...I think I will walk over this way my muscles get warm and looser by the time I start. Thanks:)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    As long as the soreness doesn't impact your ability to execute with sound technique you're quite likely fine.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I think taking an ibuprofen and a walk is a good idea.
    Use your best judgement. If you truly feel badly then stop your class and sit down. Otherwise you should be fine.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Wait...you did two sessions of the kickboxing yesterday and want to go to the class again today? Why not do something different?
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I remember the first time I did squats proper. I could not lower myself to sit the following day. Happy days.

Use your own judgement, if I had to take a rest day every day I had doms i would likely hit the gym once a week. I do tend to vary what major muscle group I work though and also as far as squats go my leg doms usually vanish after the first heavy set, blood getting flushed into the muscle no doubt.
  • BadAssAries
    BadAssAries Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me. I went for a long walk instead of the previous day's exercise. It loosened up my muscles and I got in a workout
  • highwood1968
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I ended up going to the gym instead and did about 45 minutes on the treadmill..walking/running/uphill. I figured if I was sore I was not going to put 100% into my kickboxing workout anyway