Low Carb recipe ideas??

Options
Michelletrk
Michelletrk Posts: 53 Member
Hi I am trying to do low carb (no processed carbs) and boy am I a carb eater....wondering what you do instead of bread, rice, pasta and white potatoes??? I do not like squash or zucchini or fish...I am tired of the chicken with salsa in the crock pot.....I really miss sandwiches....any ideas guys?

Replies

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb too. yes i like sandwiches too. look at atkins low carb pizza recipe, beef, pork, bacon, eggs, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, what about other seafood? google low carb recipes
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Soup, stew, chili, curry, stuffed peppers, stuffed portobello caps, stir fry, lettuce wraps - Asian or BLT, meatballs, meatloaf, burgers.
  • Michelletrk
    Michelletrk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    First of all, when you do low carb, you increase fats.
    All kinds of new food options are available to you: butter, ground or dark meat turkey or chicken, pork chops, tuna, salmon, sardines, small steaks, eggs, bacon, sausage, cottage cheese, full fat yogurt, cheese, full fat salad dressing, mayo, cows milk or soy milk, hummus, black and green olives.

Low carb veggies include cabbage, broccoli, green beans, asparagus, bell peppers, zucchini, beets, bok choy, brussels sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, cauliflower, spinach, celery, collard, greens, cucumber, eggplant, garlic, lettuce, onion, peas, peppers, dill pickles, pumpkin, radish, yellow squash, kale, collards.

Eat larger portions. For example, hubby is doing low carb as per his doctor. Tonight he had
    1/2 chicken, broccoli and cauliflower sauteed with onion and garlic and a huge salad of romaine with olives, bell peppers, avocado, full-fat salad dressing and real bacon bits.
    He drinks his coffee with lots of half and half.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Hi I am trying to do low carb (no processed carbs) and boy am I a carb eater....wondering what you do instead of bread, rice, pasta and white potatoes??? I do not like squash or zucchini or fish...I am tired of the chicken with salsa in the crock pot.....I really miss sandwiches....any ideas guys?

There are various versions of "no crust" pizza.
    We made one similar to this one (cannot find the exact recipe)
    http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/italian/no-dough-pizza.html
    It does not exactly have a "crust" but the topping was great.

Check Pintrest too.
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Taco stuffed zucchini. That next low carb recipe I want to try
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    mrzpeep391 wrote: »
    Taco stuffed zucchini. That next low carb recipe I want to try

Good stuff!
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ^^ agreed! I love taco stuffed zucchini!

And other good stuffed zucchini combos are cheeseburger (hamburger, LOTS of cheese, pickles and onions! yum) and what's also good is pizza stuffed ones and enchilada stuff.

All so so good!
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Tip? Bake the zucchini just a little bit and then blot out the moisture. Makes it so much better when not watery/wet. In my opinion of course.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash with lots of lean ground beef or turkey. This is really good and tasty go to you-tube and see how easy it is to prepare
  • kaitfin94
    kaitfin94 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can make waffles with some protein powder, baking powder, an egg and a little bit of water!!! And I use a zero calorie pancake syrup by walden farms on top! It keeps me sane on low carb days(: