Said "No" to binge

Options
I had a big breakthrough last night. I'm fighting a cold and had a long week at work. Typically that means comfort food, which turns into a binge of me; sitting on my couch, watching Netflix and stuffing my face. I stopped at the store and bought Mac n cheese, frozen pizza, chips and a giant bag of salt water taffy, with the full intention of eating it all last night. The pot of water was boiling on the stove for the Mac n cheese and I was deciding what to eat first, the chips or candy. I decided I should go weigh myself first because my weigh in day is Saturday. I figured I would just use the Friday weight, then I'd have a week to work off the binge. Thankfully the scale showed a good loss for the week. It kinda jolted me out of my complete binge mindset.
When I'm about to binge the food is all I'm thinking of, I can't wait to start eating. I feel like if I don't eat everything right now I'll starve. Since it was now 5 pm and I hadn't eaten in 5 hours I decided to have a protein drink and see if that took the famished, must eat everything in sight feeling away. It did! I went from moments away from eating well over 4,000 calories in one sitting, to going on my walk and having dinner that consisted of sauteed veggies and a turkey burger, sans bun. Lesson learned: If I feel like a binge, have some protein and go for a walk.

Replies

• chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is me all the way!!! You did great keep it up
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    :)o:) Now that you know how to handle the triggers of a binge, you can handle them. Hooray for you!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You did great and should be proud of yourself. Keep it up.
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That is so me too. Good for you
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Love reading this type of post.
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!! That is an AMAZING accomplishment!! It's so so soooooo hard to pull out of a binge. I'm the same. I'll go to the store just for my binge food in thoughts of eating all of it right away. Mainly because I don't want it to tempt me the next day. Good for you. I'm seriously so impressed!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Good job! Lesson learned.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with this kind of mind set at the moment so thank you for posting. I will be taking this on board for the future.

9995069.png[/url
  • ljmus1
    ljmus1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome, a great breakthrough. You must be so proud :)
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! It's all about recognizing old habits/ triggers and *choosing* new behaviors!! So glad you came here to share and celebrate, too!!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yahoo!!!!! That's amazing!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • kew1952
    kew1952 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. This might be a tip to help all of us.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Very impressive. And inspiration for sure. Just shows the strength of the human spirit capable of more than we think we can do.
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome realization! Good job :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!