My back is hurting me.

Options
Not sure what is going on. But my back started hurting me Tuesday. I don't know if I should see a doctor about it or maybe get a massage.

Some background info :
* I got in a car accident about a year ago, the x-ray said it was a sprained thoracic nerve. Could it be a flare up?
* it's not from working out bc I haven't worked out in a while
* i work at a daycare so there is a lot of bending and lifitng
* normally doing my TOM I get back cramps too. I am 11 days late, not preg
* the pain is in the center of my back and hurts whether I am standing, laying, or sitting.

I know this isn't a medical forum but maybe someone could give me some advice.

Replies

• philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. The back pain combined with being 11 days late for your period means there is nothing anyone on the Internet can help you with. Seriously. Doctor.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Trouble with back pain is that it can have so many different causes. So you do need to see you doctor. There is no way anyone can diagnose you on here. In the meantime you could try some gentle heat and some of your usual painkillers to help ease it until you can get to your doctor.
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I was hoping to avoid going to the doctor.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Best to get it checked out with a doctor to be safe!
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Best to get it checked out with a doctor to be safe!

I agree
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    My sis has sciata, complete arthritis around her spine and several herniated and bulging discs. She's only 28 and her doctors are baffled as there is no degenerative disc disease.

Back problems make it hard to deal with everyday things, your best bet is to see an orthopedist.