Options
LeanLeme
LeanLeme Posts: 13 Member
Sprints are the best!!!!!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I just used diet and 4-5 days of lifting per week. I hate cardio.
  • LeanLeme
    Options
    Oh ok I see. For some people who can't get rid of stubborn belly fat HIIT is the best way for them
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My stomach is the last place I lean out. I think a lot of times it's not so much stubborn fat, but struggling to adhere to a deficit. HIIT can help even out the inaccuracies in logging or give people more to eat.
  • LeanLeme
    Options
    Yeah it's the after burn effect that does all the work even when you're sleeping you burn fat
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    LeanLeme wrote: »
    Yeah it's the after burn effect that does all the work even when you're sleeping you burn fat

It's actually a tiny effect. This is worth a read.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/steady-state-versus-intervals-and-epoc-practical-application.html/
  • LeanLeme
    Options
    You get tiny results when not done correctly, this is how I see progress when I do HIIT cardio:
    Sprint for 30 seconds give everything you got in the tank 100% effort
    Rest for only 15-30 second
    repeat for 6-7 times
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You get tiny results when not done correctly, this is how I see progress when I do HIIT cardio:
    repeat for 6-7 times

Not everyone does gets the 100% effort correct.
  • LeanLeme
    Options
    Yeah that's true especially when running on a treadmill folks don't give there all because they thinking about falling or looking around if anyone watching them, I see it all the time at the gym.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    repeat for 6-7 times

Your enthusiasm is great and intervals can be a really valuable part of an exercise regime but EPOC/afterburn really isn't as significant as you think.
    At the end of the day, outside of extremely unrealistic levels of exercise, the basic fact is that the absolute magnitude of the EPOC simply doesn’t amount to very much in the first place. One interval study, which found a 14% increase in metabolic rate via EPOC measured an irrelevant 32 calorie afterburn.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/research-review-effects-of-exercise-intensity-and-duration-on-the-excess-post-exercise-oxygen-consumption.html