Egg - Yolk Help!!

Options
Hello, probably a silly question, but if I want to de-yolk my egg how do I do it? lol I've tried and that little sucker won't budge :grumble: Thanks!

Replies

• greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Hello, probably a silly question, but if I want to de-yolk my egg how do I do it? lol I've tried and that little sucker won't budge :grumble: Thanks!
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    Just let the egg run through your hands. The white will slide through and the yolk will stay nicely in your hand. =)
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    How raw or boiled? Raw crack egg in half and carefully use empty half shell to catch the yolk over a bowl. They also sell egg separators for a couple bucks at any department store that are more sure and won't break the yolk like a shell sometimes does. Sometimes the white is stiff and doesn't want to budge -gently break its membrane with a fork then separate. Boiled cut in half and pop it out with a fork. :smile:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If what you want are scrambled eggs or an omelette and just don't want the yolk you should try egg beaters. You can get it in garden vegetable or mexican or cheddar and chive. When I first heard of them I didn't think they would taste very good. I was wrong. Very good and compared to real eggs they come at lower levels of everything.
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Thanks everybody, good ideas to try! I would like to buy eggbeaters, just too expensive for me right now lol Thanks!
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    What I do is crack the egg in half, and keep working it back and forth until the yolk is in the shell and the egg white is in the bowl. It takes a little practice but not much.