You all can help because I need.......

Options
A really big swift kick in the butt!!!!

A year ago I had a few health issues and had lost almost 30lbs in about 4 months time. Now, I'm much better and need to get back to my goal of becoming a much healthier person.

Thank you all in advance for the butt kick! :happy:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    No excuses. Good luck and welcome.
    It just takes a little work on your part. My advice is educate yourself on healthy eating. Buy a food scale and watch portions. Limit processed and fast foods. Cook fresh Veggies and Meats. Eat whole grain Low carb Low Cal Breads and Pasta. Fresh Fruits. Did I say watch Portions. In the beginning it will be hard to get over cravings. But if you stick with it you will. Don't drink your calories. Did I say watch portions. Oh and watch portions.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    *kick*

You can do it. I had no faith in myself when I started here, and I have now lost 20lbs in 4 months. I can't believe me, and this number and all the people on MFP help GREATLY :smile:
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    double kick, now get going before the bruises set in!!!! Move it Sister...You got this
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!

Making the shopping list this morning and will be heading out to stock up on lots of healthy foods. The hardest hurdle I have is my families schedule. I know I can do it, it will just take a great deal of planning.
    My husband has an unconventional schedule and my daughter goes to her MMA program Monday through Thursday evenings. Most often we do not get home until 6:30ish. Not to mention I work full-time.

I'm going to work on planning meals ahead as that is going to become very very important. I know I can do it and I have the confidence that I will succeed.... just need to take one step at a time.

Thanks again everyone. Now that my butt has been kicked I need to move it.. :laugh:

Have a wonderfully healthy day!!
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The one thing that has helped us the most is planning. We sit down once a week and list out every single meal and then make our grocery list. We've saved a ton of money by not having to go on the little "extra" trips during the week, and by not eating out as much. If we know we're "scheduled" to have chicken tonight, but we don't want chicken, then we look at the menu to see what our options are and switch tomorrow's meal for tonight's meal... that way we don't have the "do you just want to order a pizza?" conversation, and we're still eating healthy. Make it a priority for yourself and the rest of the family will follow along. Congratulations for getting on the wagon with us !!