Eating when you have long days

Options
Most days I work from 8 am until 5 pm and then I have school after that until 9 pm and don't get home until 10pm. It's really hard for me to not eat after 6 or 7 because I'm starving after school. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Obviously by 8/9 I don't have any calories left and I'm starving and my stomach is growling

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @briislovely I had a long shift at an industrial site recently with a long bus ride besides. I adjusted by packing three substantial snacks along with my breakfast.

I would eat my breakfast when I arrived on site.
    My lunch was relatively light; soup or salad.
    The last snack I would enjoy on my bus ride back.

This way I wasn't ready to gnaw my own leg off when I got home.

So I suggest larger snacks that includes a little protein, and a lighter lunch.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    snack on veggies after dinner (I am amazed at how much I love cucumbers), try to plan out your calories to give yourself room for an evening snack
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat low calorie foods for breakfast and lunch so you can can eat when you get home at night.
    Also, you can save up calories from days that you are not at school late -- the calories even out over the week.
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Simple. Eat as much as you want when you get home. But eat very little before then.
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    TribeHokie wrote: »
    snack on veggies after dinner (I am amazed at how much I love cucumbers), try to plan out your calories to give yourself room for an evening snack

Cucumbers are surprisingly awesome :smile:
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    There's no real reason to have a cutoff time for eating. Plan your meals and snacks (or plan how you want to split your calories) for the day and then spread them out according to your schedule. For me it'd probably look like eating something every three hours, starting as close to 8am as possible and ending around 8pm. Obviously it depends on what your schedule allows, but as I said, there's no reason not to eat after a certain time in the day.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    TribeHokie wrote: »

Cucumbers are surprisingly awesome :smile:

As are cherry tomatoes, small carrots, gurken and radishes.
    When I have long days I always make sure I have enough in my allowance to allow for the above as a late snack if I want it.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Why can't you eat after 6 or 7? When you eat doesn't matter, just the number of calories on any given day.