Water

shiseido_faerie
shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
edited 4:16AM in Food and Nutrition
I am NOT a good water drinker, not a good drinker in general really, I never have been. I'm probably chronically dehydrated really.

This site has helped me a lot, a silly as it sounds checking off every time i've had a glass makes me more aware, I was up to about 6-8 cups a day, which is pretty huge for me.The last two days however, I have not done well, i've fallen back into old habits. I think yesterday, all day, I had a cup of coffee, and maybe a glass and a half of water, and a glass of milk. Today I noticed I woke up feeling exhausted and sluggish...I completely don't mean for this to sound like a stupid question, but, do you think this is due to needing water?? I'm sipping away at it this morning, i've just never noticed this sort of connection before, but maybe it's because i've never drank as much water as I had been to be able to notice the difference.

Replies

• Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    I have noticed that since drinking more water I am not sluggish on a morning when I get up. Before I started MFP all I would drink was tea and diet coke and found it hard to get going. I have given up the diet coke but still have 4 cups of tea but in addition I also make sure I drink between 8 & 12 cups of water, considering I stuggled to sip 1 cup of water a day I think that I have come a long way. But certainly notice a difference if I don't drink much water.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I used to not be a big water drinker. I prefered soda, and ice tea. Since joining MFP I have gone from 4 (if I was lucky) to 10+ glasses of water a day. I like ticking them off!! I have a bottle that holds 32 oz and I fill it with each main meal, so right there is 12 a day w/o really thinking about it. I usually drink a propel 0 after my work out, so there is another 3 (the propel is 24 oz). I feel much better, my skin looks better and increasing my water has helped me flush toxins :)
  • Kamioh30
    Kamioh30 Posts: 17 Member
    I was a chronicly dehydrated person before MFP also. I've never been this well hydrated for this length of time. I do notice that I don't get as many headaches, I haven't had the opportunity to notice what a day without 8 or more cups of water makes me feel like because I have to fullfull my check box to fill my virtual glass. I do think your body works more efficiently and I have often heard that especially during weight loss that the water is necessary to shed the pounds more easily. Keep drinking and keep loosing!:drinker:
  • shiseido_faerie
    Wow Rae, i'm impressed!
    I got myself off of sodas and coffee a few years ago (I allow myself ONE cup of coffee in the morning, no more), but I guess my problem is that I never replaced them with anything, it just doesn't cross my mind to drink unless I actually feel thirsty, which I rarely do. I'm working on the sipping but it seems my body is so not used to it that sometimes it makes me feel a little sick. I hope that soon i'll be up to 8-12 cups too! Good job!!!
  • shiseido_faerie
    Thanks you guys, you other former dehydrated people make me think it's possible :)
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    I know from my personal experiences water makes a huge difference! I used to not be a big water drinker either but after reading up on a few things, completing a 21 day cleanse, and now with joining MFP, I notice a BIG difference in almost every aspect of my health and I attribute a lot of that to drinking plenty of water. It's what gives life to all of your organs and helps flush food through your body and get rid of built up toxins. I feel immeasurably better since I've cut out coffee from my diet and started drinking tons of water.
  • hikingvee
    hikingvee Posts: 20 Member
    I used to also drink a cup or two of water and would drink coffee and tea daily. But once you push yourself to drink the water and give yourself a goal, the craving for soda and coffee goes away. Find a good water bottle that you can bring everywhere and that really helps. Sometimes I put a lemon or orange slice in there.
This discussion has been closed.