Just a quick one....

Options
Just started with this app and it's amazing but just a little confused on breakfast.

I have cereal every morning and I have just discovered you can add milk.

So my question is , when I add my cereal, is the milk included or do I have to add a portion of milk as well to my breakfast?

Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Depends. You need to check out the option you find in the database against the side of the box of cereal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Generally the nutritional information is for cereal only, so you would also have to log the milk you use
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is best that they be separate.
    Do you have calories/ nutritional information listed on the cereal and milk containers in your fridge?
  • ho11y4271
    ho11y4271 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know in the UK cereal boxes can have nutritional info for a serving with semi-skimmed milk and 100g without milk, so if that's the case make sure you're getting the info for 100g of cereal then change to whatever amount you have, than add milk separately.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If you do it separately you can also then specify what kind of milk you had, skimmed? Semi? Full fat? Best of Both? And you can put in exactly how much you really had of both the cereal and this milk. My eyes ALWAYS deceive me at breakfast, one 'portion' of cereal is teeeny and 125ml of milk barely wets the sides. Or maybe I'm just greedy? Hmmm
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I add cereal and milk to my diary seperately.
    I think most database entries will be for cereal only or will say with milk. Look at the label on your packet and see what matches.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What everyone has said, but you shouldn't worry too much if you measure your milk and cereal. If you're using skim milk, then the box's info will work, at least in the US. If not, then just log things separately. I think the big thing, at least for me, is realizing just how SMALL a serving of cereal is! I hardly ever eat it anymore.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That's it, I'm having cereal for breakfast. Cereal, milk and sugar will be logged separately

By the way, what the previously poster said - are you weighing your cereal? Serving size listed on the box can be rather pitiful