Them Last 10 lbs.

ReadyWillingEager
ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hello all! I'm looking for friends to add that are on them last 10 lbs...
It is challenging and tough because on the one hand i want to speed up, on the other I know switching to 1lb. a week at this point is not sustainable and will probably lead to a binge.
Stats:
5'6"
Female
22 years Old
SW: 167 lbs.
CW: 139.4
GW: 130

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    I switched myself to 1lb a week loss when I was about 30 lbs from my ultimate goal. I just couldn't keep up the deficit I was at for any longer. I was also feeling much better (I was 225 at the time, 6'2" tall) and much more fit. It paid off because I was able to start building some muscle as well. Actual loss probably slowed under 1lb a week, but I eventually got where I wanted to be. The last 10 lbs is a pain in the butt, and it'll seem like you're at a plateau every other week, but it'll sneak up on you and happen. Try to watch your sodium intake that'll help, and drink a crap-ton of water.
  • ReadyWillingEager
    Thanks for the advice, I often forget about sodium
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    I'm on the last few too! I'll add you:)
  • Tiffanyvarghese
    Tiffanyvarghese Posts: 6 Member
    I'm on the same journey! Hoping to lose 10 lbs by July!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Hi Me too! 8 to go here. It's a serious challenge. I keep we can do this!
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Same here!
  • peterkeilman
    peterkeilman Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all,
    I am ready to focus on my last 10-13 pounds. My purpose in losing the weight is to run faster, and getting the weight off will allow me to hit a PR again.

Stats: 43 year old man
    5 foot 6 inches
    SW: 155
    CW: 143
    GW: 130

I will be racing the Bolder Boulder on Memorial Day, then going on vacation to NY. I plan to eat what I want while on vacation, then diet again when I get back.
  • kb123456789
    kb123456789 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey ready willing,
    I'm curious how long it took you to go from 167 to 139?? And what did you do for calorie intake/exercise ? I'm your same height and about 150 with the same GW as you but I just started this process :)
  • ReadyWillingEager
    Hmm well I originally went from 167 to 140 a while back. It took a maybe 3 months. I was just making sure my calories in were lower than calories out. (Though I honestly was too extreme, unhealthy, etc.)I got to 155 again and starting losing in January. I've been losing somewhat consistently since then. I'm at 138 now. I'm finding that cracking through the 140 barrier is tough for me. Biggest tip is eat a lot of vegetables and do exercise you actually like. Oh and weigh / measure your food.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    I'm around the same height and also trying to crack the 140 barrier. I never want to see that # again! I've been hovering around it as I try to get down under 130 and stay there.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I'm curious how you all decide which 5, 10 or whatever pounds, kilos or whatever, are the "last".
  • MsAdriennelo
    MsAdriennelo Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm right there with you, I'm at 141 and would like to be around 130 too
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    I'm curious how you all decide which 5, 10 or whatever pounds, kilos or whatever, are the "last".

I was down to that weight briefly a year and a half ago and felt like I was very close to goal. But I have a little more muscle now, so I'm guessing it'll be a good place to stop.
  • peterkeilman
    edited May 2016
    I have not been at 130 pounds since I was in college, but I have been at 135 a year ago. My goal weight is very specific because I take my running seriously. I have been on a website called Racing Weight that calculated 130 pounds as the weight at which I can run my fastest.
  • peterkeilman
    It's cool that several of us are trying to hit the same 130 lbs. :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    I'm on my last 10-12..

SW: 174
    CW: 157
    GW: 145
    29 year old Female.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hey I'm going to add you after I post :) My stats:

SW: 180
    CW: 145
    GW: 135
    5'6"

Since I started my weight loss/health journey in February 2015, I've typically ate back most of my calories burned. I'm going to stick to a strict 1,200 calorie/day intake with light cardio & strength training. I'm hoping to lose these last 10 within the next 3 months. I've read that it's a lot harder now but definitely possible!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Right there with you these last 10 are the worst.

Sw 175
    Cw 142
    Gw 135

I keep going between 141 and 144 its driving me nuts. Im so close.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member

For me, I've been trying to lose my "last" 5 pounds for about 15 pounds now LOL! My original goal was 150, I saw that was right on the borderline of overweight BMI @ 5'5", so I decided to go with 145 for some wiggle room. Stayed at 145 for a few months, decided to see how 140 would look. Liked 140 so much, I'm shooting for 135 right now. Getting to and staying below 140 has been such a bear that I can't imagine I'll want to go lower once I hit my 135 goal. I've almost thrown in the towel a few times, but I want to see a little more of that muscle that I've built up so there's some jigglier bits that keep me trying (for now). It just seems exponentially harder once you get into a "normal" BMI range.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    I'm 5ft 6
    SW: 196
    Goal weight was 155 - now 150...might go down to 140.
    CW: 161.

I'm basically on my last 10! You can add me if you'd like :)