Spice up my oatmeal.

Options
I have the same oatmeal just oats and berries. But I need spice it up with different flavors. Can oatmeal eaters help me out.

Rhanks

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal.
    Sometimes I add in Cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar.
    Or try adding a tiny bit of maple syrup .
    You can also add in so many combinations of fruits. Sliced bananas, strawberries, peaches and so on !
    Some people add in Greek yogurts but I didn't like it. I like to eat my Greek yogurts separate and not mixed in.
    Also people love granola mixed in. I didn't like crunchy stuff in my oats though.
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like to add pb2, a T of mini chocolate chips and either a banana or strawberries. Tasty.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Get thee to an Indian grocery and get some green cardamom. Throw a little bit of that in with cloves and raisins. It's the bomb.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Blueberry pecan: add dried or fresh blueberries and slivered pecans.
    Cherry almond: add dried Montmorency cherries and slivered almonds.
    Cranberry orange pecan: add dried cranberries, chopped pecN and dried orange peel (spice).
    Apple cinnamon maple: add chopped dried apples (or fresh), cinnamon and maple sugar sweetener.
    Apricot walnut: add dried apricots and chopped walnuts.
    Peach or mango macadamia nut: add chopped white peaches or mango (or fresh) and chopped macadamia nuts.

Don't add too much, these are high in calories. But yummy. For an added protein boost, add 1 tsp of chia or hemp seeds per serving, along with 2 tsp of oat bran, wheat bran or wheat germ.
  • ashleyrc6
    ashleyrc6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Flavoured protein powder is a great way to add lots of flavour! Or a tbsp of cocoa powder and some stevia. I also really like ED smith no sugar added syrup in mine
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Definitely protein powder! Makes it creamier, gives it flavor, AND gives you some protein at breakfast.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it much, but my favorite thing to mix with it is applesauce. It tastes nice, and I think it makes the texture better. I've also mixed in black beans or lentils.. not sure where I got the idea from, but I really liked it. That doesn't add a lot of flavor, but it changes things up a bit.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I just had some and I added some blackberries,hemp seed and chia seed and added some almond butter, some days I will add fruit,chia,hemp,nuts and sometimes protein powder, yesterday I had mixed in hemp and chia seed with strawberries and something called sams dream bar mix ins.It has milk chocolate,dark chocolate and peanut butter mini morsels,with coconut shreds and m&ms and it was yummy. I only used half a serving of that. it melted nicely and made it taste more like a dessert than breakfast.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Spices are your friend. As mentioned, cinnamon, cardamom seeds...I use nutmeg as well. Vanilla is nice too & lemon. Any spice or flavouring you use in baking can be used in porridge.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a squirt(or more) of Sirachi. Fry an egg for the top and add some cashews. Yum, aren't you glad you asked?
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I freeze bananas as soon as they're ripe (for smoothies too) and once they've defrosted mash them up and add to my cooked porridge, it add a nice sweetness to it, then I add fruits