Recipe Collections

Options
cgarcia4039
cgarcia4039 Posts: 5 Member
So I already asked this question to general Myfitness Pal support but the response I got back was vague.
Is there a way to set up recipe collections? I have so many recipes saved so when I want to go back and find a recipe that I have already used, I have to constantly scroll through pages to find on recipe. If I could group recipes such as "dinners" "snacks" "drinks" "desserts" and so on, I think it would make it a bit easier.

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Not on MFP, no.

I've been using Fatsecrect to build the recipe nutrition content, then I create a new food using the said nutrition facts. It gives you the option to select what type of meal it is, but don't have enough saved to say how well it's organised.

Being able to add the recipe steps and edit without going through the new recipe is a godsend.

There's other websites that allow you to save recipes from all around the web. Bigoven is one that I know of.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    It peeves me to no end not having a filter or search function on the website version of the food diary.

Because of this I mostly log on my phone, so you can filter items to make things easier to find. If you label your recipes "dessert - Blueberry tart", "Dinner - Egg & bacon pie", you can just search for the tag through the app to bring up all the items you're looking for.
  • cgarcia4039
    cgarcia4039 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    mangrothian- Thanks. That's actually a really smart idea. I hadn't thought about that before. :)
    Only down side is with the amount of recipes I have saved up it's going to take me a few days to do that. LOL
  • granni87
    granni87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Can we even set them up alphabetically?? I have so many that I use all the time and I have to scroll through pages of them to find the one I am looking for .... I may try the idea thanks to CooCooPuff and set each serving up as a food on my food... LOL I just need several days to do that now...