Will this plan work/enough of a deficit?

Options
ajc1309
ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
I'm 5'3, 142lbs, 26 and I want to get back to 126lbs. MFP has me on 1390 cals and I'm now working out on a stationary bike for 40-45 mins burning around 250-280 cals and not eating the exercise calories back. I would like to lose 1lb a week. My BMR is 1446 and TDEE is 1,861.

Replies

• Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You won't know for sure till you give it a fair try.
  • geministyle67
    geministyle67 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a good starting point. I don't think huge deficits are a good idea, but 500ish cals a day sounds very doable.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You should lose if you follow the MFP program. It really is that simple. But, and you probably already know this, losing weight when you are at your weight is much harder than it is for a very heavy person. I wish you the best and hope you reach your goal!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Make sure you log everything. 1,390 may be on the high side to lose 1 lbs a week.
    Get a food scale if you don't have one.
    I'm your height
    I did 1,250 to lose a pound a week and I exercise.
    (i did not eat back exercise calories and did not log them).
    So if you don't see results, you then will know to cut back on calories.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    ajc1309 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3, 142lbs, 26 and I want to get back to 126lbs. MFP has me on 1390 cals and I'm now working out on a stationary bike for 40-45 mins burning around 250-280 cals and not eating the exercise calories back. I would like to lose 1lb a week. My BMR is 1446 and TDEE is 1,861.

You have about 15 pounds to lose, and you are already close to a normal weight. I suggest setting your goals to lose a half pound a week and eating some of your exercise calories back. The goal is not to lose weight quickly, but slow and sustainable so that your move to maintenance will not be a jump but a simple step.

Good luck!
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you. How many times a week is acceptable to lose the weight? Is 5 days enough or should I be doing it everyday?