Hi!

Options
so I finally decided to get off my couch and start changing my life but that's easier said then done so for September I decided to start slow, eat as healthy as possible and start walking everyday for at least an hour.
My name is Anya, I'm 18 years old, I'm turning 19 by the end of November, I weigh 78kg for 163cm, that's pretty unhealthy and since I wanna live more than 35 years, I should move my *kitten*. My goal is to reach 65kg by the end of January and 55kg by June, and I don't have a final weight goal, bc I don't know how much I should weigh, so for now all I wanna do is reach 55kg by June, do you guys think that's possible? also, if anyone with the same goals as me wants to be my workout buddy, I'd be so happy about that. Thanks for reading if you did.

Replies

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck on everything =]
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That's about 29lbs in 3 1/2 months is doable, but will require strict calorie deflict of 2 lbs per week. The strick part is as you loose weight it gets harder to maintain 2 lbs a week lose.

Make sure you weigh all your foods everything that goes into your mouth. Excersise is a big help as it will help shape your muscles and body as you loose.

Read the fourms a lot of people have some good ideas. Have a look at other diaries to get ideas on what to eat

Good luck
  • anyabsb
    anyabsb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you guys, I will read all the conversations, see if I can get some ideas :smiley:
  • ClurWelsh
    ClurWelsh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Did you do it?? Fingers crossed!! Xxx
  • lougdee
    lougdee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there an easy way to put yourself in a calorie deficit it to do intermittent fasting. I skip breakfast so u eat between 12 noon and 8pm everyday this means 2 big satisfying meals instead of more smaller meals that never really satisfy you
  • faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My starting stats were similar to you. I started in last year January and went from 80 kg to 71 till august. I think it's possible but 2lbs per week and I had my alevel finals in between so I gqve rest to my weight loss routine of around 2 months
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    ClurWelsh wrote: »
    Did you do it?? Fingers crossed!! Xxx

I am thinking she won't reply:

anyabsb
    First Visit: September 2015
    Most Recent: September 2015
    1 comments posted.
  • anyabsb
    Options
    HELLO AGAIN! lmao no I did not do it, i actually gained more weight
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    anyabsb wrote: »
    HELLO AGAIN! lmao no I did not do it, i actually gained more weight

Don't give up! Set a more conservative goal and you can lose. Remember the tortise beat the hare. Slow and steady wins the race. Good luck.
  • anyabsb
    Options
    I started a week and 3 days ago now and I haven't had any junk food since, I'm down 5kg, 35kg to go :)
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Make sure whatever changes you make you can stick with for life. Many also recommend the 80:20 rule which means that 80% of your consumption is clean and 20% is for treats. They have more success if they know foods that they really enjoy don't have to be eliminated, just moderated. This way binging is less likely. Also, s
    ow and steady wins the race. The slower the weight loss the ,ore likely the weight will stay off. Too much undereating will slow down your metabolism and also make you more likely to binge eat because you are so hungry. Being hungry is fine, being hangry is a sign that you are not eating enough or aren't eating enough of the right foods to leave you satiated.

Good luck.