Dance Central for XBOX kenect

Options
Bearface115
Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
Hey i just got the Dance Central game for XBOX Kinect. Its a rental right now and i pplayed a couple songs already. it's a cute following game, but i was curious if people actually workout with this and if so seen any results. If so i want to be motivated that it can help you drop weight!, thanks!

Replies

• staceysteele1970
    Options
    If you move it up one level, it gets you moving. I love the gane, Also Kinect Adventures gets you moving too
  • shadowstar240
    Options
    I know it's slightly different but I use the Just dance games for the Wii and I think it just depends on how much effort you put in. I did 35 mins last night just doing the songs that require a lot of effort (the game rates them) and I was exhausted! There's a huge temptation to "cheat" the game but if you follow the dance properly and really put the effort in, there's no reason it wouldn't be a good workout!
  • sabogah
    sabogah Posts: 1
    Options
    There is a workout mode that will track the number of calories you burn and how long you have danced. I've easily burned more than 100 calories in less than 30 minutes. I use that to workout if the weather outside is nasty. If you use it enough, it might be worth buying.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I use Kinect Dance Central one day, Your Shape Fitness Evolved the next and do C25K on the third day and am seeing results after only a few weeks :) Better if you have it on medium or hard, and also the calorie counter on the workout mode is rubbish - you are better off using a HRM or just time how long you dance for and put it in the exercise section under 'dance, general.' I find it a fun way to burn a few cals :)
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yeah i wanna push it up a ton bc i wasnt even breaking a sweat last night! I think the Free Style part is so hilarious! Going in fast motion like that, i was like OMG NO WAY! i look so fricken rediculous! it was funny and i had fun with it!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use it all the time. I use Dance Central, Your Shape Fitness Evolved and Kinect Sports mostly. On Dance Central I'll run right thru the songs, in order mostly, and do the 3 levels of each. It's not bad. It's a fun way to burn off some calories.

Kinect Sports is probably the most fun. My husband and I play it a lot. He's lost 43 lbs just basically playing the table tennis event!
  • brianne801
    brianne801 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love using Dance Central on Kinect! It is a great way to burn calories and even has an option to track calories burned while you are playing. I definitely work up a sweat and challenge myself with more difficult songs. The most obvious result I have seen from doing this regularly is an increase in stamina. I used to get tired after only 20 minutes or so of dancing and now I can go for an hour without having to quit.
  • jaretspencer
    jaretspencer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know the game but i love the kinect because it has some great work out programs and it doesn't let you cheat like the wii can and you get a positive reinforment everytime you do it right. The other thing is that it gets you up and moving and thats a good thing so if you enjoy it then do it.
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I used it the other night its fun when you want to do something different! and with the kinect you can't cheat your way through it because its watching u! I enjoy it and work up a sweat!
  • tdotwitch
    tdotwitch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been using Dance Central and my Total Gym to work out. I've lost 10 lbs in a week. I've been using Dance Central more than the gym though lol. My longest play time is 25 mins. I don't think the calorie counter is rubbish. Dance Central is a fun way to work off the calories. I LOVE it. I hate Your Shape Fitness Evolved though. Some how it irritates me.
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Dance Central!! It seriously gets your heart rate up if you do it right. I burned 400 calories in an hour playing it the other night. Favorite songs are "Crank That" and "Just Dance"! Just got 100% on "Just Dance", level hard the other day. Definitely a personal victory :) If you're anything like me, you'll get super determined to do well and you'll be burning calories like crazy before you know it! I'm usually sweating by the 2nd or 3rd song! I use Dance Central and Wii Fit Plus and have lost 22 lbs since June 1st. I'd say it definitely helped contribute to that.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I bought the Biggest Loser game for kinect. LOVE IT! Yoga moves, cardio, boxing. There are so many great things about it....I usually burn around 200 cal for 30-40 min. Love LOVE LOVE IT!

I bought a dance game and returned it. I'd rather workout. Those games are expensive...50 bucks a pop!!!

:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!