Maintaining a social life?!

Options
2»

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Find other activities to do with your friends. If they're not down, make friends at the gym. If your friends can't support your healthy lifestyle, are they really your friends?

Some ideas for social but active outings:
    (Kind of dependent upon where you live/season)
    Simply go for a walk in the neighborhood
    Take a bike ride together
    Rock climbing (I have an indoor facility nearby)
    Roller skating... not just for middle schoolers! Lol
    Ice skating
    Pick up game of basketball
    Join a rec volleyball team
    SkyZone or the like (in my area... kind of like an indoor gymnasium, trampolines, etc. Again, not just for kids!)
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Quite frankly, at 1200 calories per day, I have to stay away from many social events. I am 45 years-old, and ALL social meeting involves food and/or drink.

Now you'll tell me that I could go, enjoy the company as I don't have to eat or drink, but when the activity is to go to the restaurant and/or "to have drinks", it's really too hard to just stay there watching others. Don't even get me started with the fact that if I go, I have to tell everyone that I am on a diet.

No thanks.

So most of the time, I skip.

My weight loss journey is a very lonely one. That's the toughest part for me.

Going back to your question, OP: you should try as much as possible to organize the activities yourself, so that it does not necessarily revolves around food and drinks. It should be easier if your friends don't have children yet so they have free time outside lunch or "happy hour" time.