Question for HCG people

Options
I am on HCG injectiuons it is a second time. I decided to go down to a size 7. I started doing 30 day Shred and hot yoga and core pilates. i pretty much loose with hot yoga, and pilates makes my abs look great. But, everywhere I've read it says to only do yoga, and I'm not loosing. i did work with Crisco a bit last night with my fondant. My calories are below 600, watching fats and sugar, not the best protocol here, but not the worst.

It says nearly every patient that does cardio gains weight while on hcg. So, I'll cut that out. I refuse a steak day because that is digusting, so I'll water fast today maybe add a Jay Robb Shake, no exercise, and I'll do a near perfect protocol after today, I've grown to hate the word protocol, and the meat is disgusting. Maybe I'll loose 6 pounds by the 4th this way. No milk or eggs for me, so I use Jay Robb Shakes while on the protocol.

Do I need to slow down the exercising?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    So you are doing a diet that encourages you not to exercise and eat less hmmmm
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have to ask what made you decide to go with this diet? This sounds very harmful to your body. You're starving it and forcing it into that mode that will slow your metabolism, which requires the shots to keep it going again.
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    This doesn't sound very healthy at all!! You need to eat and supply your body with fuel to lose weight. If you don't eat, your body enters starvation mode. I have started eating MORE to boost my metabolism...
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Take a step back and read your post, OP. Do you not see how unhealthy this is? Crisco? A steak day? No cardio?
  • Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    Cause last year I did it, didn't exercise and went from size 16 to size 11. This it will be size 11 to size 7. I don't need to be flamed. This was a question for hcg people. If I am flamed again, I'll delete my mfp account.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    **editing my post**
    I feel bad for putting in my two cents where it wasn't requested.

To each their own :-) You do what you've gotta do. Good luck!
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Sorry you aren't getting pats on the back. You inability to see the disservice you are doing to your body and overall health makes me sad. The fact that you lost all the weight the first time AND REGAINED IT when you stopped doing the protocol highlights your lack of insight into a healthy llifestyle. Maybe there is a message board off MFP dedicated to HCG? although that scares me, frankly.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like a great weight loss plan. Starving yourself and cutting way back on exercise while taking hormones. Sounds so much better than eating reasonable portions and regular exercise! Where do I sign up?
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Cause last year I did it, didn't exercise and went from size 16 to size 11. This it will be size 11 to size 7. I don't need to be flamed. This was a question for hcg people. If I am flamed again, I'll delete my mfp account.

I'm sorry that you feel as though you're being flamed. I don't think that anyone here really has that intent. We're all here to help each other. Speaking for myself, I don't really know anything more than what I posted regarding the hCG diet. I am a nurse, however, and I do know the medical side of things. So the diet itself sent up red flags for me.

We're all free to make our own choices in life, and if this diet works for you, then all the best for it. Just be very careful. I wish I could give you more advise and help than that :)
  • Rhondast
    Options
    Sorry, it's not drops, it'd injections and they work. I think I'll just delete the topic. I'll ask elsewhere. I've been a nurse for 18 years. i am a cake decorator, level 2, and I work with crisco.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone here has flamed you - they are just concerned for your health! I hope you don't delete your account. But I would agree with everyone else - HCG does not sound healthy whatsoever, and doesn't really teach you how to live a heathy life once you are done with the diet. =/
  • Rhondast
    Options
    Sorry you aren't getting pats on the back. You inability to see the disservice you are doing to your body and overall health makes me sad. The fact that you lost all the weight the first time AND REGAINED IT when you stopped doing the protocol highlights your lack of insight into a healthy llifestyle. Maybe there is a message board off MFP dedicated to HCG? although that scares me, frankly.

I didn't regain it. I just regained about 15 pounds. I am in a size 11, from a size 16 last year. That was about 35 pounds I lost last year.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Please reconsider what you are doing. Yes, I'm sure it works, eating 500-600cals/day is bound to yield amazing weight loss results. but you regained it all, didn't you? So, imo, no it did not work, and very likely screwed up your metabolism to make it even harder to lose weight in the future. Your being a nurse doesn't make you more knowledgeable on this matter. Might make you think that, though...
  • Rhondast
    Options
    nevermind, message deleted. not happy. I'll take it elsewhere.
  • Rhondast
    Options
    Please reconsider what you are doing. Yes, I'm sure it works, eating 500-600cals/day is bound to yield amazing weight loss results. but you regained it all, didn't you? So, imo, no it did not work, and very likely screwed up your metabolism to make it even harder to lose weight in the future. Your being a nurse doesn't make you more knowledgeable on this matter. Might make you think that, though...

I did not regain it all back. I maintained my progress, for the most part.
  • ChrissyinATL
    ChrissyinATL Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think you need to follow the HCG plan exactly as it was written, if that is the plan you are intending to do....
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Heres the thread for the people on here that use hcg,you should probobly be able to get you questions answered there without all the crap
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/268820-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?hl=hcg
  • Rhondast
    Options
    i am for the most part, but I think exercise makes you gain on hcg, due to the weight in the muscles. And I need that cleared up, so I asked elsewhere.
  • Rhondast
    Options
    Thankyou Fear and Loathing.
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    There is something wrong when a group of people that are on the SAME plan cannot post comments without people who don't have an interest in the diet want to post their opinon!!! Please, if you don't approve of the HCG diet don't post comments for HCG'er as if you would change their minds! Rhondast did NOT post a comment asking what do you think about the diet. She is seeking info from other HCG'ers!