Starting the Whole30 today!

Options
Anyone else doing it? My first time.

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I tried it a couple years ago. Made it like 6 days or something... I am a coffee addict and could NOT forego my coffee additions (powdered creamer and stevia or sugar free flavored syrup). Good luck though! Hope it works well for you :)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Are you doing it for nutrition reasons or to lose weight? I just can't put myself on something so restrictive again.

Best of luck!
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 21! I did no added sugar for 2 weeks before I started...
    I lost my dad in October and was in a downward spiral of donuts, ice-cream, m and ms, and tired sad grumpiness. I saw this as a challenge that would change my focus from sad eating onto healthiness and healing. It is more than working! I feel great, have almost no cravings and have no thoughts to really change my eating from this... with wine thrown back in when I get past 30 days.
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've done it several times and typically just eat a whole30 diet in general (minus the typical treats here and there). I always feel really great after completing the entire whole30 with no cheats :) Almost every meal I cook is whole30 and I do not feel very restricted. Good luck, push through the first week and it will get much easier.
  • dropitlikeasquat87
    dropitlikeasquat87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've done it before and made it the whole way through. It did help me learn a lot about the quality of food and what's really in it but I still went back to eating dairy and grains. Can't live without them! The main thing that I'm super proud of was that whole30 got me off of soda for good. Day 9 was the hardest for me, I just wanted some pretzels so bad! I had dreams about sneaking chickfila by my mom (she was doing whole30 with me) and pretending I was eating a salad.. Lol. But don't give up, see it the whole way through and you'll learn a lot. Good luck!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I don't think that I'd be able to make it. I made marshmallows today and probably ate about 1/3 cup of honey and molasses total. :s
  • SorryNameTaken
    SorryNameTaken Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. I'm on day 2. Ive never done it before, but I have a friend who has. I decided to give it a go to see if it will help with things like sinus problems and brain fog. Wouldn't mind if I lose some weight too ;)

What day are you on/when do you start? Feel free to add me if you want a whole 30 buddy!