does it matter if I can't get to the gym until after 10pm?

Options
My schedule changes often and there are times I can't get to the gym until 1030pm. Will going to the gym this late cause me to be hungry in the middle of the night?

Replies

• hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I wouldn't think so, I exercise as late as 11-12AM most of the time and I normally don't get hungry until about 3-4AM if I'm still awake lol So unless you will be awake that late, i think it should be fine :)
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Only one way to find out for certain, eh?
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Try it and see. There is no reason you can't exercise any time of the day, the trick is just to find a combo of exercise and meals that works best for you.
  • dropitlikeasquat87
    dropitlikeasquat87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A late workout is better than no workout.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    only matters if the gym closes before 10pm
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Late workouts give me insomnia; but as far as hunger goes, I figure you'll be fine with the normal post-workout snack.

• upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    lemmie177 wrote: »
    Late workouts give me insomnia; but as far as hunger goes, I figure you'll be fine with the normal post-workout snack.

Insomnia would be a bigger concern than hunger. A lot of times I am very unhungry after a workout. However, if it is a hard workout, saving room for a little protein snack isn't a bad idea.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    not likely. Sleep takes precedence over hunger everyday for me hahahahahahahaha.
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nope. Get it in