Want to get to 12% body fat

Options
Hi everyone. I'm 6ft 200lbs and I'm 16% body fat. I want to get down to at least 12% to get that more chiseled look. Do you think I should continue working out 4 days a week (splits) and maybe throw some light cardio in and just be more careful with my macros? Or should I loose 10lbs to get to 185-190 and then build more muscle while watching my macros. It seems hard to get a chiseled look at 200lbs, and it seems most people my height are like 170-180 that have 10-12% look ripped, but I really don't wanna get that small lol. Any tips or ideas greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• DVall30
    DVall30 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Whats up. I would say lift heavy with higher protein intake for a week or 2 and see if it makes a difference first before doing more cardio
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Keep lifting heavy and focus on nailing down your calorie and macro goals. If you're trying to get leaner, then I would probably look to lose some weight until you're happy with your leanness, and then switch gears to focus on building muscle. I would avoid the light cardio. Intensity is king, so do some HIIT sessions. 6 10-20 second all out sprints with a couple minutes of rest in between are epic for weight loss.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Some fairly poor advice given so far. To reduce your bodyfat, you need to eat in a caloric deficit. This can be achieved by reducing your intake or increasing your expended calories by doing cardio (in any shape). If you're 16% as you claim then you'll only need to lose 10lbs to reach your goal of 12%.