Mom of 2, at home workouts only

Options
Oiney1
Oiney1 Posts: 6 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!! I'm the 27 year old mom to two beautiful girls, 8yrs and 15months. I've been given a bit of a scare with the potential for diabetes, so I'm on the hard road to losing 50+ lbs. I'm doing everything completely at home. Anyone else out there in the same boat? I've just about completed my first 30 day DVD program, and I can't wait to move onto the next one!!

Replies

• generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I do all my workouts from home(ish). I have access to an okay gym but it's a half hour drive each way so I don't bother because time is a premium haha. I have a treadmill, dumbbells, bands, etc in the garage and a bunch of videos. I also use Youtube if I need to change things up. I'm a big runner though so I 'd rather go out and run over a video any day.
  • Shobhituva
    Shobhituva Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Well, after reading thoughts of both of you ladies, I would say that you have fetched at least a few minutes from your busy schedule. But, my wife does not. However, we do not either have dumbbells nor the exercise videos. What I do is really funny. I wake up my wife every morning at 5:30 and take her with me for a morning walk. We go in a park and I guide her with a few exercise for back pain which my physical therapist suggested me when I was suffering from a sever back pain. Would you please suggest us on how to lose belly fat? Both of us have increased our belly fat after wedding..I really need to work on that..I have seen some videos of exercises on youtube as well but I am not really impressed by them..

Is it helpful? If not would you please suggest me any exercise for me and my wife?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do almost all of my workouts at home too. I'd be happy to buddy up and help you along your journey!
  • elizabethpittman80
    elizabethpittman80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I work out at home or take walks with my kids. I agree fitness blender is fantastic!
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do everything at home as well! Currently only able to walk and do some very light strength training, but I set myself up a little nook and have at it!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I love the beachbody workouts...I usually buy the disks when they go on sale, or used on amazon...however, I heard they were giving 30 day free trials to view the workouts online, so if you want to try them, that might be a good way to try their various programs and see what you like...I have terrible internet, so I haven't tried it, but my understanding is that the online workouts are the same as those in their disks.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My knee is on the fritz, so I DANCE! Best workout ever. Just put on music and move. You can even do it sitting in a chair. Your baby will love it too--there's your strength training!
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender on youtube!
  • healthykaitlin
    healthykaitlin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Grokker on demand (xfinity) has an x5 intensity bodyweight workout that I've been doing... Love it. I also walk all the time with my pup, 3-5 miles daily.
  • capetownz
    capetownz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender is amazing and they have lots of bodyweight only workouts.
  • Mkristoff1206
    Mkristoff1206 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have two children and recently went back to work full time (9-5) which really cuts into workout time...I do Jillian Anderson 20 or 30 min videos in the mornings several times a week and that really helps. Then I try to do a looong (4-5 mile) walk in the evening after kiddos go to bed but can only manage those 2x/week or I'd never see my husband! It's tough to fit it all in :(
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Take the kids out on walks! 5-way benefit. You get exercise, they get fresh air, they get some exercise, you spend time together in a new activity, and you help then form healthy habits!
  • Shobhituva
    Shobhituva Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    tigernikki wrote: »
    Check out fitness blender for free workouts. They have over 500 free workouts on their website and youtube channel. I've been working out "with them" for about 3 years now and i personally think they're the best.

Okay.. Thanks. I will surely go through these videos..
  • rvt82
    rvt82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Since you like at home exercises and use IG, check out @fitgirlsguide. Its a whole community of ladies working to get stronger that support each other.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Lots of online things you can do - resistance stuff using your own body weight. It is tricky with kids and limited finances so I've got an exercise bike at home too. But as someone else said, you can also include the kids - we've got 2 dogs so daily walks are a must and totally doable with a buggy. My 9 year old step daughter joins in classes with her mum. You can cycle with a seat on for the 15 month and the 8 year old on her own bike. I find DVDs really boring and repetitive but I'm sure there are loads of second hand ones available for peanuts on eBay.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise on purpose, but I keep my self busy during the day. I allow myself to have a lunch 40 mins (not including prep time) and two coffee breaks of 15 to 20 minutes. That way my house stays clean and I am not watching to much tv. My house is constantly getting messy
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I like blogilates on youtube for home workouts. She tells you exactly what to do each day, and is very motivational!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I walk and do workout videos.
    Right now I'm following this you tube workout playlist rotation from Jessica Smith-> http://jessicasmithtv.com/plug-play-weekly-youtube-workout-rotation-playlist/
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas for workouts above. You can also try to add overall activity to you day by taking the kids to a park. Walk over there if you can. Pull a wagon or get a stroller that works with both kids. You can do standing push ups, leg dips, etc on the playground equipment while the kids play, chase them around, play ball. I used to just go for a walk with my little kids and let them tell me which way we should go at every corner (to a limit). Or let them ride their tricycle on the side walk while you're walking with them. Eventually you will get to jog when they start riding real bikes. Try to find a community pool.