Confused about macro and calories and weight loss

Options
cnjg420
cnjg420 Posts: 405 Member
im under my calorie goal but over on sugar and carbs so I don't wanna eat anything else my weight goes up and down constantly what do I do please help

Replies

• Jbrad89
    Jbrad89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you are over on 1 macro but under your calories then you arent eating enough protein and fat.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Eat less carbs, eat more healthy fats and protein.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you're calories are on point, then you had a good day...even if your macro breakdown isn't right on. Just see where you're off of your goals and try to do a little better each day. It's a learning process, so don't beat yourself up over it. If you're constantly over on carbs, then eat less of the carb-heavy foods you're eating or choose different food options to get your numbers back on track.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Weight goes up and down constantly, that's what weight does, even if you eat like you should. Nothing to worry about. Look at your weight over time, the trend is what matters.

For weight management, calories are what matters. If you are under your calorie goal, and you track accurately, eat more.

If you find yourself consistently over on carbs (sugar is a carb) but have no medical issues or any other problems that can be aggravated by a larger proportion of carbs, set your carb goal higher or stop tracking carbs altogether.

If you feel that you should eat less carbs, aim to get in more foods rich in protein and fat and reduce the amount of carby/sugary foods. Look at your diary to see what foods are high/low in those nutrients, and figure out how you can tweak your intake.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If I've got calories left and only fat/protein then that's a signal for CHEESE TIME CHEESE TIME PARTY FUN