The Wii Fit BMI brackets question

Options
I use the wii fit for weighing..which I love..

But I see on MFP.. once I get to 136.7 I'll be in healthy bracket (YAY)

But I was looking today on wii fit.. As of today I'm at 136.9 well still there is a good space till I get to healthy. Looks to be its probably at 136.0 but not sure.. which should I believe when it comes to when i'm in the healthy bracket

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    that is such a small difference I would think it doesn't matter...but I don't know that much about BMI stuff so hopefully you get some better answers.

I just had to post though since I use my Wii Fit to weigh as well :bigsmile:
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    that is such a small difference I would think it doesn't matter...but I don't know that much about BMI stuff so hopefully you get some better answers.

I just had to post though since I use my Wii Fit to weigh as well :bigsmile:

Yeah I know but I was still curious :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i dont know about wii but mfp range is rather broad
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    actually I just looked on here.. I guess 136.7 is the high end for my recommended weight range.. right now my body Mass Idex is 25.0 which is in the green!! woohoo
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options

That says I'm over weight..

that my BMI is 25.04

but then it says

normal range: 102-137 wouldn't I be in the normal range?
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Well, to be accurate just use the formula. Height (in inches) squared. Then divide your weight (in pounds) by that #. Then multiple by 703.

My example:

67 in x 67 in= 4489.

131 lbs / 4489= .029182485

.029182485 x 703= 20.51

MFP has my BMI at 20.5. So pretty accurate I would say. ;) But I guess the bracket issue is still a concern. Lol!
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    yeah its gotta be close...
  • drygravytrain
    drygravytrain Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Considering that BMI is just a general gauge, I wouldnt worry about such a small difference.

My ideal weight for me, is around 205, I am 5'11, which would put my BMI at the high end of Overweight. to get down to what would be considered 'healthy normal weight' I would need to be below 178, which is a 27lb difference!

Any difference between the two results are offset by your fat / muscle ratio anyway.
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    Considering that BMI is just a general gauge, I wouldnt worry about such a small difference.

My ideal weight for me, is around 205, I am 5'11, which would put my BMI at the high end of Overweight. to get down to what would be considered 'healthy normal weight' I would need to be below 178, which is a 27lb difference!

Any difference between the two results are offset by your fat / muscle ratio anyway.

My ideal weight according to MFP is 101.2 - 136.7 lbs... so I'm almost in that range :) but my main goal is 115