Captain here...

Options
Seriously, on July 15, 2016 I will turn 58 since I was born in 1958 so I said to myself "it has been long enough I've been fat and I am tired of it" So I decided to give myself a present of shedding at least 58lbs by my 58th birthday...1Then in February 20th, 2016 I started to limiting my calorie intake and by March 20th I was 10 lbs down. Then I joined the Kaiser Permanente's Medically Controlled Weight Management program for a little accelerated weight loss. It was working but also very hard to deal with since you have to quit eating real food of any kind and only have 3 shakes and 3 protein bars a day plus an 8 oz soup...

But again, it worked to boost my weight loss and in two months I've lost an additional 19 lbs.

Then I discovered myfitnesspal app and I began to continue on my own without the help of KP program. Since I got the app in last 2 weeks I lost another 6 lbs.

So, as of today (May 20th,2016) which is exactly 90 days after I begin this new program I drop from 262 lbs to 227lbs. Shedding a total of 35lbs ...
My waist size gone down from 44 to 38.

But, the best thing happened during this transition is, that my primary Dr. took me from all of my prescription meds after i lost my firs 15 lbs.

My Type 2 diabetes is GONE! Before, with the help of 1000mg metformin/day my glucose numbers were around 150-160... Now without any medication is 94-96...

High blood pressure is GONE! Before with the daily help of 20mg Lisinopril it was 135/90 average, now w/out meds it is 105/65...

Cholestrol is also well under the required levels and Atorvastatin is off and its side effects of major muscle cramps are gone too...

I feel alive again and I can now walk without cramping leg muscles, or bend over to tie my shoes without getting breathless at the end, ride my bicycle for miles at a time.

I know I have 23 lbs more to go for reaching my goal in the next 8 weeks. But I am planning to continue on my own now and even go further than my original goal until I reach 185 lbs...

Thanks for making it easier to manage our weight with a program like this and yes, I chose annual premium acct.
Because my life and health is much more valuable than $49.99/year...

Best wishes to everyone!

Replies

• Arwen1218
    Arwen1218 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow that's quite a journey!! You must feel so proud of yourself!!
  • mountaindesigns
    mountaindesigns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you and thanks for sharing your journey so far!!
  • ladybear1970
    ladybear1970 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go Sir! Seriously getting off medications is the best feeling and motivation ever! Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Your doing great!
    I'm glad you stopped going to the weight loss clinic though. Fast weight loss vlcd diets are often not a good idea because the increased loss of muscle mass. Eating at a reasonable yet responsible deficit and preserving as much muscle mass as possible is a better idea.
    Mfp has all the tools you need for success! Best of luck to you !
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work.