Please can people give me advice on how to gain weight mostly on my legs and buttock area??

Options
Help :)

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    How/where you gain weight is dictated by your genetics. Just as you can't "spot reduce", you can't "spot gain" either.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    How/where you gain weight is dictated by your genetics. Just as you can't "spot reduce", you can't "spot gain" either.

^Very true. You can build muscle though in specific areas. And you are looking for stronger legs/glutes, than a good workout program would be strongcurves. (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1)

And to gain weight, you need to eat more calories than you expend. So set your account to gain, monitor progress for 4 weeks and if you aren't gaining about .5lb per week, than add another 250 calories.
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ^THIS
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options

True.

The way I finally gained was to get pregnant. My first child I didn't gain much but with my second and third I gained 50 lbs with each. I'm just now getting rid of the pregnancy weight from our last child born in 2009. :(
  • leeburton2016
    leeburton2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm s uk bodybuilder nice to meet u! Plenty of squats and lunges for u
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

^Very true. You can build muscle though in specific areas. And you are looking for stronger legs/glutes, than a good workout program would be strongcurves. (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1)

And to gain weight, you need to eat more calories than you expend. So set your account to gain, monitor progress for 4 weeks and if you aren't gaining about .5lb per week, than add another 250 calories.

This. Fat will go where it goes but you have some control where muscle goes. Definitely look into Strong Curves.. made a huge difference for me while I was bulking (and beyond) :)
  • Secerbus
    Secerbus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just like you can't focus weight loss you can't focus weight gain unfortunately. It's all in your genes
  • leeburton2016
    leeburton2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have U tried a personal trainer?
  • wakamaka
    wakamaka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Workout your glutes and legs (squats, deadlift, lunges, leg press if you don't feel comfortable with a barbell) while following your MFP recommended macros.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Help :)

Squat like your life depended on it
  • butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Skkkwaaatss! And eat.