i think i need to quit chocolate

so, i stopped eating milk chocolate because i'm lactose intolerant, which has been a definate boon to my weight loss

however, i'm definately eating too much dark chocolate

i thought i could control my consumption, but once i've got a hit of sugar - i just want to eat more!

i also did a blood glucose test on my Mums monitor and it was 6.1 fasting, so i'm pretty certain i'm pre-diabetic -but that's why i'm trying to lose weight and exercise more-so i genuinely think chocolate and sugar are my major issues

anyone else have this sort of problem? it's really frustrating as i literally have no other vices!

Replies

• queeneb
    queeneb Posts: 2 Member
    I have q problem with this dark chocolate, I did lchf diet and I ruined it by this dark chocolate, I can't take only one cube once I start I need to finish the entire thing, then I feel so so disappointed of myself, so today I'm trying again to diet I have 30 pounds to lose
  • madcow132
    madcow132 Posts: 28 Member
    Try substituting it with dried or medjool dates as they're quite sugary but natural sugar. That way you still feel like getting a treat
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    If it's making you overdo the sugars, and you could be pre-diabetic, then it would seem sensible to cut out chocolate. Maybe switch to fresh fruit? It won't be the same as chocolate (duh!), but maybe go and pick out a piece of fruit in the same way you would chocolate - go to the store and pick out one piece of something exotic or different, which you normally wouldn't eat and eat it like a treat.

It could be the ritual of the "treat" as much as the treat itself which you enjoy.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    I will never quit chocolate or beer
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    so, i stopped eating milk chocolate because i'm lactose intolerant, which has been a definate boon to my weight loss

however, i'm definately eating too much dark chocolate

i thought i could control my consumption, but once i've got a hit of sugar - i just want to eat more!

i also did a blood glucose test on my Mums monitor and it was 6.1 fasting, so i'm pretty certain i'm pre-diabetic -but that's why i'm trying to lose weight and exercise more-so i genuinely think chocolate and sugar are my major issues

anyone else have this sort of problem? it's really frustrating as i literally have no other vices!

Please don't self diagnose. If you think you're pre-diabetic, please see your doctor.

Keeping chocolate completely out of your life could bring on a binge for some people. Is there a shop in walking distance? What if you made a deal with yourself: I can get an appropriate portion of chocolate (one that fits into your caloric goals) if I agree to walk to get it, and only get the portion that fits in with my intake?