Noticing weight loss

Options
I was 26.5 stone at my heaviest a couple of months ago. During that time I am pleasantly surprised to discover that I am now a stone lighter. So things are working out so far. I don't feel any lighter and I don't think my clothes feel loose but of course I have a long, long way to go. How much might I lose before I notice a difference?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It will be different for everyone. Keep going, you are doing great!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

This. Also, larger clothing sizes tend to fit a greater weight range, so you may be in the same size for a while, but as you lose more you'll find your size will drop quicker.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,243 Member
    Options
    Take pictures ... do you have some of the heavier you? Compare them with the lighter you, and that's where you'll see the difference.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

This. Also, larger clothing sizes tend to fit a greater weight range, so you may be in the same size for a while, but as you lose more you'll find your size will drop quicker.

This is true. Misses S, M, and L are more fitted and have a smaller difference in waist size. I found when I wore a Plus size I had more room because they tended to have more fabric, more coverage, and were more forgiving especially in the tummy area.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss so far! What is helping me is taking pictures. I take 1 every Sunday to compare to my day 1 picture. Maybe that would help you? I also keep a journal of my weights and workout times and how I felt like my joints and breathing. I notice things that way as well
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Take pictures every day. Youll notice
  • takesonetoknowone
    takesonetoknowone Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great idea, thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to the day I do notice a difference and can downsize some clothes.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I also find tracking my workouts to be helpful with noticing changes, not everything will be visible after all! But I feel just as good when I see my run time improve, or the number of reps/weight use increase!