I'd like to join the challenge.
  • imaginaryjewel5
    imaginaryjewel5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    10 day update!

SW 172 (may 11th)
    CW 169 (may 21st)
    GW 150 by September (140 eventually)

Logging everything helped me see how much I snack! I have been using food/sugar as reward at work whenever I was stressed out or tired and will try to stay away from that.
  • DiamondCookies
    DiamondCookies Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's always frustrating when you hit a setback. I went out with some friends for ice cream this evening and I figured "I'll just get the mini version instead of the regular!" But that doesn't help when I look up the calories and I find that the mini version has 900 calories! So instead of being around my goal, I'm over it by 700 calories. So annoying.
  • imaginaryjewel5
    imaginaryjewel5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's always frustrating when you hit a setback. I went out with some friends for ice cream this evening and I figured "I'll just get the mini version instead of the regular!" But that doesn't help when I look up the calories and I find that the mini version has 900 calories! So instead of being around my goal, I'm over it by 700 calories. So annoying.

Yikes! I was craving ice cream earlier but I was too lazy to go out and get some. Instead stuffed myself with cookies at home. As cliche as it is, we can only take it one day at a time! Tomorrow is a new day! (And new week for me).
  • call_me_pavlov
    call_me_pavlov Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a bit late, but I'd love to join this challenge!

CW (on May 22): 238
    GW (as of September 1): 218
  • jparks527
    jparks527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in. Needing to loose more but 20 lbs by September sounds like a great challenge!
  • slam570
    slam570 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I didn't lose any weight last week. I didn't log during the weekend and didn't plan on it, because I was visiting my mom and therefore, it was a cheat weekend. Today, though, back on track. I'm almost adjusted to my new work schedule now (I switched from 8am-4pm to 6am-2pm, which messed with me more than I thought it would), which will make getting an afternoon workout in much easier since I don't immediately want to sleep when I get home.

I definitely need to make it a goal to drink more water this week. It's going to be mid-80s here in NJ by midweek, so that'll be enough motivation to stay hydrated.

Happy Monday, all! Hopefully we all have a great week!
  • Dmooreshallett
    Dmooreshallett Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge. I'd love to join!
  • ToniD923
    ToniD923 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My family is visiting from out of town and I'm trying to behave! Worked out yesterday and will this evening but it's not easy! Will try and stay strong!
  • MauWilde
    MauWilde Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join! Been eating healthy since last week and I'm retaking crossfit as well so why not?

SW: 171.5
    CW: 161.8
    GW: 125
  • mick28
    mick28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Monday's are always hard getting back on track but I did ok. I realized my biggest problem is when I get home from work. I tend to go right to the junk food. I am now trying to avoid the kitchen first thing and then think about what to eat.
  • christihubbart
    christihubbart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • christihubbart
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism. I meesed up and ate beef twice today. Beef hates me.
    SW 193
    CW 168
    GW 150
    I might have to make a new goal weight!
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. I just had a baby 2 months ago, and I'm desperate to get this weight off.

SW: 168lbs
    CW: 155lbs
    GW: 135lbs
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. hope everyone is doing ok. I'm definitely feeling the sloooooooowwwwwwwwness of this whole thing, and I too have hypothyroidism, and it seems like if I am even a BIT off my calorie goal, I instantly gain. Last week was tough, I had family staying with me for the week and although I got my exercise in, I did indulge in a couple drinks and ice creams! I'm back on track this week, and I keep trying to visualize what I'm working towards. When I don't want to work out, that is what I think of... the image of myself at a healthier weight!

If any of you out there have tips for diets on hypothyroidism and what's worked for you -- please share! i think the combo of that and now being in my 30s has made this the toughest time I've tried to lose weight. That, and I've gone up and down the same 20lbs several times now...

hope everyone is doing well!
  • christihubbart
    Options
    I agree being nearly 40 and having a baby and having hypothyroidism has made it extremely hard. I've only lost the weight becuse my friend told me about a program that worked for her. I figured if she can do ur, so can i.
  • christihubbart
    Options
    Since I ate beef twice yesterday, I gained a lb, so today is my daughters swim team banquet, I'm making a chicken crockpot meal that I can eat.
  • christihubbart
    Options

I usually go for the sugar free or frozen yogurt
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I agree being nearly 40 and having a baby and having hypothyroidism has made it extremely hard. I've only lost the weight becuse my friend told me about a program that worked for her. I figured if she can do ur, so can i.

@christihubbart what was the program that worked for your friend?
  • julia123xyzabc
    julia123xyzabc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Starting tomorrow I'll be on holiday and I used that as an excuse to slide today. Ack!!
    I think I'm done snacking for tonight though. Finally.
    I'll be spending the next few days at a yoga retreat, surrounded by health and wellness, calm and peacefulness. I'll also be unplugged so no updates until my return next week.
    Wish me luck!! And keep up the good work everybody, you all really do inspire me. Thank you for sharing your ups and downs...or downs and ups as the case may be.